Best Truck I have ever owned
By mvcoburn on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
This is the first brand new truck I have ever owned. My previous vehicle was a 2006 Dakota and this was a huge jump up. I picked the Chevrolet because I am a firm believer in their product and paid attention to all of the high ratings from various reports. The truck sits well and is very comfortable. I love the leather seats and the cabin is extremely quite. It rides very smooth and shifts well. The backseat offers a lot of space. I have two small kids and they have no problems with room.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the numerous outlets. I have five USB ports, two 110 ports and a SD card slot. I love the backup camera and the great navigation screen. The middle console/army rest provides a whole lot of storage and space for everything that you like. The cargo/bed lights are super awesome and make it easy to see things in the dark. Lastly, I love the "no slam" tailgate.
Suggested Improvements
I am little disappointed in the blue tooth function. I had a chevy car and within 30 seconds of me getting into the car, my phone was synced and I could make a call. It seems you have to wait for at least three or four minutes before you can make phone call after you get in the car. I also don't like how on the main screen menu, it doesn't take you back to the previous screen. For example, if you are on the radio, and you make a call, when the call is over, it leaves you on the phone screen and doesn't go back to the radio screen. Lastly, I am disappointed in the remote start. If you remote start, it doesn't turn on the defrost or seat warmers. I believe this is a function that GM remove