Loved it at first....growing concerned
By autoindustry1 on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I loved this truck at first. Great ride, fuel economy and interior comfort/features. I'm starting to have several issues of major concern. My truck starts very hard in cold weather. Several revolutions of the engine before it'll fire up. Getting worse. I also have a distinct coolant smell coming from the truck after it's gotten warm. There is a vibration I've noticed at freeway speeds in the drivetrain that's starting to drive me nuts. I also have to bring the truck into the dealer for 2 recalls. My windshield has cracked and I don't believe it's anything that I've done. GM spec'd the glass too thin to save weight??? The truck is a bit jerky to drive through various speeds. Not
Favorite Features
sure if it's the 6-speed tranny looking for the right gear, the cylinder deactivation looking for the right mode or the auto 4WD but it's not as smooth as it could be. Not a big concern but one that exists. My connection to my mobile phone also needs to be improved. When playing Spotify through the Mylink interface, the beginning of the song always skips and breaks up. Doesn't matter if I have the song loaded on my phone or it's streaming. Also have the issue others have had with the seats not warming up during remote start and the seat bottom cushion on the driver's side does not work.
Suggested Improvements
It's a very nice truck, powerful and comfortable with great features. Very modern, luxurious and quiet. The powertrain issues have me very concerned. I usually buy a new vehicle and then drive it into the ground. Seriously considering selling this truck early as I'm concerned once the warranty expires. I have a very early production truck. Hopefully GM gets these bugs worked out for others before too long. I'm at 11K miles so far.