Looks great, lots of problems big and small
By arnoldthepig on
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I purchased a 2014 1lt Crew Cab with 5.3L and 3.08 gears now with 2800 miles. I would not recommend this truck to anyone unless you have time to deal with issues GM does not want to address properly. The transmission is lazy on the upshift and wants to put itself in the highest gear possible, the fm radio reception is very poor and jumps in and out of HD, I have a freezing cold draft coming from under my center console, the 4wd switch makes a loud electrical whining sound when in 4wd, I get some type of driveline shudder under hard acceleration and once I hit 70+ mph, the ride and handling fall apart and give way to some type of unknown vibration! 1/6/14 will be the second trip to dealer
Favorite Features
to try and correct the vibration issue. I also took the truck to an independent tire shop on my own dime to have the tires road force balanced after the dealer failed to properly balance. Vibrations are still present. Go to www.gm-trucks.com and look in the forums for vibration issues on the 2014's. Please anyone reading this save your money and avoid these trucks. GM knows there is an issues but they do not have a solution at this time. I feel that a buyback is in order at this point. I traded in an 05 Ram quad cab Hemi and was getting 14.5 MPG. With the new Silverado I got great MPG the first month, now Im getting 15.2 MPG driving the same roads, in the same way I drove my Dodge.
Suggested Improvements
Wow a truck that is 9 years newer but only gets a whopping .7MPG better. I actually set my cruise control to 45mph to and from work to achieve the most MPG possible and the best I have seen as of recent is 15.5. I have already been in contact with GM customer service NUMEROUS times about the issues listed above. I am giving GM and my local dealer one more chance to make this right. If GM wants me to keep bringing my truck in so they can work on it, they can buy it back, and work on it as much as they want for as long as they like. Oh btw, I didnt even touch on my gas pedal bracket that flexes about an inch before the pedal is actually able to be depressed....people get the word out!