2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

junkytrans
By Bill Ray

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2015 Chevrolet crew cab 4x4 ltz with 8 miles on it.From day one it has had transmission shutter at 2nd and 3rd gear,bad vibration in whole truck. Salesman said the tires had flat spots and would correct itself. At 1823 miles I couldn't take it all any more. I took it to the dealer and they put in a new torque converter. Did not fix the shift, slipping, vibration problems. At 2023 miles I took it back .Service manager agrees it has problems but doesn't know what is causing it or how to fix it..He said they could change drive shaft, axles,etc and see if it would fix problems.. But, I don't want a parts changer I want a mechanic who can fix the problem.I have always bought Chevrolet trucks and never have I had a problem like this. I am very disappointed with this 45,000.00 piece of tin.

2014 Silverado Liz 4x4
By Sal Gomez

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I I bought this truck last year and I've been having a lot of problems with the transmission and the dealer is saying that it is normal because they already worked on it twice and it only has 1600 miles. well thats only one of the problems the other problem is the paint. when I bought it I noticed that fender had a weird mark so I took it to a body shop and they told me the fender was painted, and yes, it was new from moss bross in Moreno Valley ca when I bought. The dealer is blaming some other dealer for the problem they are willing to paint it but I bought it new, so I expect new. The other problem is the driver seat is loose and was will move when I break, The dealer fixed it, and all the recalls were checked. By the way I contacted GM and it looks like they work for the dealer because they don't even wants to look at paint problem. Dosent GM have to backup their product?

Rough rider
By Brian

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first brand new vehicle and I was excited for it. I have been wanting a brand new Silverado for a while so I went down to the dealership and test drove one. I loved it right off, it had all the features I wanted and then some. The truck rode smooth and quiet so I pulled the trigger and traded in my 05 sierra. All was great until I hit about 10,000 miles... Ride: All of sudden the ride became rough and everything in the interior began rattling. Running over an asphalt repair strip was felt and the littlest of bumps in the road felt like I ran over a huge pothole. Driving around town which used to be a comfortable and pleasant experience has turned into feeling like I am being launched out of my seat when I hit a bump or go over a small dip in the road. Technology: My only complaint is the bluetooth quality when making calls. People on the other end have a hardtime hearing and understanding me. My wife's car (2014 Malibu LTZ) does not have that issue. Engine: My truck has the 4.3L V6. I was a little hesistant at first, but after test driving it I was impressed with the power. It felt more peppy than my last truck which was a 2005 GMC Sierra with the 5.3L V8. The test drive route we took was primarily flat so the lack of power had gone unnoticed. As I started driving the truck around my town, which is primarily hilly, I noticed the truck struggled going up hills. I have to floor it just to get it to maintain speed. As far as passing on the interstate goes, I have to make sure I get a "running" start. Our speed limits on the interstate are 75 so trying to pass a semi going 65 takes longer than it should as the truck lacks torque at those speeds. Going from 65 to 75 when flooring it takes nearly 10 seconds anf if there is a slight incline the truck does not accelerate. One of the details about the engine that did intrigue me was the fuel mileage. The sitcker on the window showed 18 city 24 highway. After having my 05 that was averaging the low teens on a good day, this sounded good to me. However, with the lack of performance I average 14 city and 18 highway. I do not drive with a lead foot however, with today's technology and advancements in engine performance I should not be out acclerated by some hippy in a prius. Overall: I have been a huge GM guy for a long time and so has my family. My dad bought a new truck at the same time I bought my silverado, except he decided on a 2014 F150 and paid about the same as I did for my new silverado. After being a diehard Chevy guy for years, my dad has officially declared himself a Ford man now. We both have about 30,000 miles on our trucks and his still runs and rides just as nice as it did when he first got it. Needless to say, I am done with GM... I can't wait to trade this thing for something with adequate power and torque that rides comfortably.

Real everyday driving experience
By Luke Pryor

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Here is the Good; Very quite ride and smooth ride, very nice steering wheel, leather wrap is great quality, has lots of wide space in the interior of the cabin, Great step up in the back bumper to get into the bed of the truck, great for what is was built for which is hauling, exterior is very handsome, good looking truck. Here is the Bad; electronic steering always going out, vibrates at about 50mph, the side view mirrors are too small, back seat feels cheap and are like sitting on cardboard, not enough leg room, the whole cabin feels cheap, feels claustrophobic inside, I think the dash board and the instrument panel looks like a cartoon character design it, the whole dash looks dated and it's a new interior, front seats are not that comfortable on long distance, only 18" wheels on an off road vehicle really , gas sucks on this truck I am only averaging 13.7mpg and I don't have a heavy foot, I think the doors where you rest your arm is too narrow and the center arm rest has that useless plastic thing down the center of it where you rest your arm is just stupid, no vents for the back seat, the roof in the inside cabin slopes down into your visual site which makes the truck look cramped poor design, it does not feel like a truck, it feels like a short in height car, they need to make the truck more tall than wide. not enough ground clearance sits to low to the ground, the windshield needs to be 2-3 inches more in height. I am sorry but the new design does not save on fuel like the claim, Ford and Ram do a much better job on the interior and more user friendly and more ergonomic for driver and passengers, the back tail gate does not lock when you use keyless entry system, this is just stupid, in the center of the dash where you touch screen is they have 115volt down at the bottom and you cannot see it, they door handles are lit up, but not enough to make any difference, this is a miss. and a few recalls already and I have not had it a year yet. I will be trade this in for something else (Ram or Ford or Jeep).

GM Bail out!!! Worst idea ever!!!
By Made as hell!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased used with 20k, drove it home from dealer and noticed drumming vibration at 60-65mph emedietly. Called dealer, SIX VISITS AND 4 MONTHS LATER!!!!! Problem still there. Took truck to different dealer, and was informed all of new GM Trucks do it. Thank god a majority of the roads in my area are 55MPH speed zones so I can feel this vibration all the time!!! Have you driven a FORD lately???

• SUV