2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 2

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
best truck i've ever had
By lovethesechev on 11/02/14 21:28 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Drives great, smooth, very quite and great gas mileage. Have owned 6 new Chevys and this is by far the best. Traded in a 2011 2500HD 4wd crew cab with 6.0L. I needed a truck that sat lower to the ground. This truck gives me 5 more mpg hiway and local driving. I tow a 34' TT and a 24' enclosed trailer loaded with antique engines and get 12mpg or better. Only time I have had it back to dealer was for oil change and computer recall. Just turned 8000 miles. The only complaint I have is you can't get camper mirrors on this truck unless you get Max pkg.

Last Chevy
By former_chevy on 11/02/14 17:32 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a '12 for a '14. The '12 was a good truck overall except the interior looked horrible after only 33,000 miles. No kids, and often me traveling by myself. It had rattles in the dash, and the seats looked terrible. I thought the 2014 would be an awesome truck. Well, it's marginal.... With 450 miles I'm already scared I made a bad move. It has a bad shake at 75 mph..feels like the back end is going to fall out. Now about the radio. It sucks!!! The FM reception is horrible at best. The XM sounds like listening to music over a slow internet connection. Besides that it's fine..so far.

2014 silverado vibration
By surdi on 10/29/14 08:25 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado back in Feb. Besides the dealership selling me the truck with a recall that I was not told about till I took the truck in for another batch of recalls at a dealer closer to home .I have had the truck in for a radio problem that the first dealership was to take care of and never did,and now there is vibration every time I stay at a steady speed , It seems like the transmission is searching for a gear and stays in a higher gear and not shifting to a lower gear and starts to lug the engine. causing the vibration.I don't know if there is a computer glitch that is not telling the transmission where to shift ,but it seams to be getting worse. I want my 2000 GMC back

Total dissapoitment
By jimmyz10 on 10/26/14 23:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my very first brand new truck out a dealer with only 200 miles on it. I bought it 2 days ago and tomorrow is going back to the dealer shop. I didn't drove tested as I had before on pre-owned cars, I figured zero miles zero problems WRONG!! after I drove my beautiful truck around town and on the freeway I noticed a shake or vibration when idling, on speed and at a stop light. It can be feel even at the passenger seat and rear seats, it just SHAKES. I took it back to the dealer and 2 persons drove it and told me that there was definitely something wrong, that they also felt the bad idling. Now after reading all this reviews I think I will be stuck with a 43k dollars PU, not working...

Vibrations
By silvabrations on 10/22/14 10:38 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I like the truck, but it certainly is not that much better than the 09, or 11 I had. Oddly enough this truck has an awful vibration at 55mph plus or sometimes 45mph if going into the wind. Oddly enough, I believe the vibration is due to the hood flexing. When driving you can see a slight flex in the hood that as best as I can tell corresponds to the vibration throughout the truck. I am curious if others have had the same issue.

2014 Chevy Work truck model.((Nice truck)).....BUT!
By chevy1989 on 10/17/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Double Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this truck pre-owned and now i know why! the 1st guy had been shaken to death! Befor he hit 200 miles ha.Trucks Nice but dang if it don't ride like a wagon.And the engine which is a V6 that goes to the 2 Cylinder on highway.....Yeah right!!! When i got it, it rode alright.But now after 4000 miles on the OD Dang thing cant make up its mind on what it want's to do? Or which gear to stay in? It Vibrates at every speed and Rides rough. I paid alot money for a wagon with a engine on it! I could done that myself

Early opinions
By rusla_dlc on 09/15/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The new styling caught my eye and reminded me of the 80-90's body style which I love. I was sad to hear that the Vortec engines had been replaced but anxious to see what the promised added horsepower and economy would hold. The new Ecotec provides plenty of acceleration and the steering is smooth and responsive. The cab is quiet to outside noises, well insulated. The only problem I have found is shaking/vibration at higher speeds. It causes the center console to shake. But Its something I can live with.

2014 Chevy Silverado
By 14chevy53 on 08/19/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2014 Silverado for 9 months now and have had a long list of issues.Numerous recalls. Had an engine misfire at 14500 miles. Had to replace number 8 cylinder coil which had a history of misfires. Driver side door actuator went out and had to be replaced. The day after I got the truck back (less than 24 hours later) the front passenger side door actuator went out (currently at dealership writing review while its being fixed). When punching the gas the 1st to 2nd gear shift is very rough. Transmission guy at dealership said that's normal which I don't believe. Currently ongoing issue. Really hope GM reads this and contacts me. After what I spent on truck I shouldn't be having issues.

FUEL ECONOMY/TOWING
By deemacokc on 07/18/14 21:12 PM (PDT)

I traded in a 2004 Nissan Titan for the redesigned Silverado. I decided on this truck due to the redesign & the gas mileage. WRONG MOVE!!! I have yet to get more than 17mpg & I have 20K miles on it. I do 97% highway driving. I've taken it to the dealership at least once a month complaining about it, no solution. I've contacted GM, no solution. Towing is terrible. I have a single axle 5X10 enclosed trailer & this Silverado was struggling!! And the trailer was empty! I got better mpg from my Titan with 190K miles & 2 cracked manifolds! As soon as Nissan upgrades the Titan I'm running back!! Got consistent 18-19mpg from the Titan since I bought it new in 2004

Shakerado
By m1tanker1 on 07/09/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I, like many others, have a crew cab with the shakes. Once you get up to speed, you will feel it in the steering wheel, seat, console, and floor. There are quite a few others with this problem and GM threw many parts at their trucks (tires, rims, driveshaft, TCM updates, rear axles) and they still shake and vibrate. At least they received some attention from GM, because I was basically told by my dealer that this is a problem with the trucks and GM has no fix. Throw in about 6 recalls, one tailgate cable longer than the other, a radio that sometimes works, and an interior that is so cheap, it scratches and rattles just looking at it.