2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 2

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Total dissapoitment
By jimmyz10 on 10/26/14 23:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my very first brand new truck out a dealer with only 200 miles on it. I bought it 2 days ago and tomorrow is going back to the dealer shop. I didn't drove tested as I had before on pre-owned cars, I figured zero miles zero problems WRONG!! after I drove my beautiful truck around town and on the freeway I noticed a shake or vibration when idling, on speed and at a stop light. It can be feel even at the passenger seat and rear seats, it just SHAKES. I took it back to the dealer and 2 persons drove it and told me that there was definitely something wrong, that they also felt the bad idling. Now after reading all this reviews I think I will be stuck with a 43k dollars PU, not working...

Early opinions
By rusla_dlc on 09/15/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The new styling caught my eye and reminded me of the 80-90's body style which I love. I was sad to hear that the Vortec engines had been replaced but anxious to see what the promised added horsepower and economy would hold. The new Ecotec provides plenty of acceleration and the steering is smooth and responsive. The cab is quiet to outside noises, well insulated. The only problem I have found is shaking/vibration at higher speeds. It causes the center console to shake. But Its something I can live with.

2014 Chevy Silverado
By 14chevy53 on 08/19/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2014 Silverado for 9 months now and have had a long list of issues.Numerous recalls. Had an engine misfire at 14500 miles. Had to replace number 8 cylinder coil which had a history of misfires. Driver side door actuator went out and had to be replaced. The day after I got the truck back (less than 24 hours later) the front passenger side door actuator went out (currently at dealership writing review while its being fixed). When punching the gas the 1st to 2nd gear shift is very rough. Transmission guy at dealership said that's normal which I don't believe. Currently ongoing issue. Really hope GM reads this and contacts me. After what I spent on truck I shouldn't be having issues.

FUEL ECONOMY/TOWING
By deemacokc on 07/18/14 21:12 PM (PDT)

I traded in a 2004 Nissan Titan for the redesigned Silverado. I decided on this truck due to the redesign & the gas mileage. WRONG MOVE!!! I have yet to get more than 17mpg & I have 20K miles on it. I do 97% highway driving. I've taken it to the dealership at least once a month complaining about it, no solution. I've contacted GM, no solution. Towing is terrible. I have a single axle 5X10 enclosed trailer & this Silverado was struggling!! And the trailer was empty! I got better mpg from my Titan with 190K miles & 2 cracked manifolds! As soon as Nissan upgrades the Titan I'm running back!! Got consistent 18-19mpg from the Titan since I bought it new in 2004

Shakerado
By m1tanker1 on 07/09/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I, like many others, have a crew cab with the shakes. Once you get up to speed, you will feel it in the steering wheel, seat, console, and floor. There are quite a few others with this problem and GM threw many parts at their trucks (tires, rims, driveshaft, TCM updates, rear axles) and they still shake and vibrate. At least they received some attention from GM, because I was basically told by my dealer that this is a problem with the trucks and GM has no fix. Throw in about 6 recalls, one tailgate cable longer than the other, a radio that sometimes works, and an interior that is so cheap, it scratches and rattles just looking at it.

2014 Chevy Silverado LT All-Star Edition Z/71 Double Cab-5.3 V-8
By canadaverde on 06/06/14 19:16 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Got my new truck 2 weeks ago. I don't drive my personal vehicles very much and now I am a retired Deputy Sheriff with disabilities. I sold my 2004 Chevy 2500HD-LT-SWB-Extended Cab 4X4 with the 6-1/2 foot bed with the Duramax/Allison in February 2013. It only had 28,000 miles on it with almost 9 years of ownership. I like most things about my new pickup, except the Active Fuel Management system and poor fuel economy. It only has about 250 miles on it now. I used a SuperChips programmer on a 2006 Dodge Charger I was assigned to add power and deactivated the AFM system. The car ran better and got better MPG's, so I ordered one for my new Chevy truck. We will see how it works on the pickup.

It Shakes
By cobaltguy2 on 06/02/14 10:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 2014 High Country is 3 months old. It is an exceptional vehicle everywhere but in the highway ride. At 65-70 miles an hour there is a very noticeable shake in the vehicle. It has been to the dealers 3 times and they have changed everything but the tail lights. This is my 4th Chevy truck and I have never even had any issues until this truck. I would not buy this truck until they get it right

2014 Chevy Silverado Engine Misfire!!!!!!!!!!
By dthatcher on 05/30/14 17:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just took my 2014 Silverado in today because of an "Engine Misfire" I only have 6600 miles on it, and do not feel very happy at this time. I have learned from reading other forums that I'm not the only who has this problem. There are some real horror stories going around that GM might not really have fix!!!. The problem started when I came to a stop. A real hard down shift hit first followed by the motor started to miss like it jumped timing. The check engine light started to blink constantly and the Track Light came on. I know we have GM customer service people on this forum so I would like to see what they have to say. However I don't want the standard responsive of take it to the dealer.

Tight and Quiet
By jville1 on 05/25/14 09:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just passed the 1k mark and everything is go, except the bluetooth links to my Iphone about 80% of the time. Been to the dealer. Reflashed but still problem persists. I give up and have just learned to live with it. I have a regular cab 2014 Silverado WT2 4.3 that I love for its more compact size. Doesn't create a hazard when parking at the local Publix. When in the shop for the bluetooth problem, I was provided a 2014 5.3 extended cab. Think the 4.3 is actually peppier and slightly more economical. Save your money and opt for the 4.3 for everyday use. Taken back by the rude treatment I received from the dealer service writer. Not treated with loyalty as I am at the VW dealership.

2014 Silverado disappointment
By unsatisfied26 on 04/23/14 08:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 work truck regular cab with the 5.3 engine. I was really excited about this truck. That was until I took it in for the computer reflash to correct the overheat recall problem. Now the truck is possessed. Has done weird things like oil pressure spiking, then dropping to 10 psi while cruising down the interstate. Pulling it in gear and the truck just sits until the trans makes a loud clunk then the truck lurches forward. These are just a couple of things, it has plenty more. Wish I had never bought this truck now.