2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Improvement By GM
By David

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My last GM was a 2009 Suburban. It was mechanically and aesthetically disappointing and after getting rid of it, I never wanted to get another GM vehicle again. During my recent search for a truck, I decided to give GM a try, mostly just to be complete about my research. I was extremely surprised by the quality and improvements of the new Silverado, so I bought one.

Fuel economy: Great compared to every other truck I've owned Interior Finish: very nice Exterior appearance: it looks like a truck

refinement of the 6-spd transmission. It is a little clunky compared to similar Ford and Dodge models

2014 silverado vibration
By surdi

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado back in Feb. Besides the dealership selling me the truck with a recall that I was not told about till I took the truck in for another batch of recalls at a dealer closer to home .I have had the truck in for a radio problem that the first dealership was to take care of and never did,and now there is vibration every time I stay at a steady speed , It seems like the transmission is searching for a gear and stays in a higher gear and not shifting to a lower gear and starts to lug the engine. causing the vibration.I don't know if there is a computer glitch that is not telling the transmission where to shift ,but it seams to be getting worse. I want my 2000 GMC back

It is a nice truck I like the new look which sold me on buying the truck.Other than the problems I have written about the truck tows and hauls as it should.

The transmission has a problem shifting and I believe there is a computer glitch that is not letting the transmission shift to the correct gear ,and that causes the engine to lug .

Tight and Quiet
By jville1

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just passed the 1k mark and everything is go, except the bluetooth links to my Iphone about 80% of the time. Been to the dealer. Reflashed but still problem persists. I give up and have just learned to live with it. I have a regular cab 2014 Silverado WT2 4.3 that I love for its more compact size. Doesn't create a hazard when parking at the local Publix. When in the shop for the bluetooth problem, I was provided a 2014 5.3 extended cab. Think the 4.3 is actually peppier and slightly more economical. Save your money and opt for the 4.3 for everyday use. Taken back by the rude treatment I received from the dealer service writer. Not treated with loyalty as I am at the VW dealership.

Comfort. 4.3 power and economy Quiet Solid feel

In my case the bluetooth system. Not reliable. Have a GM rep buy a car at a German dealership and learn how to treat customers accordingly.

2014 Silverado disappointment
By unsatisfied26

I bought the 2014 work truck regular cab with the 5.3 engine. I was really excited about this truck. That was until I took it in for the computer reflash to correct the overheat recall problem. Now the truck is possessed. Has done weird things like oil pressure spiking, then dropping to 10 psi while cruising down the interstate. Pulling it in gear and the truck just sits until the trans makes a loud clunk then the truck lurches forward. These are just a couple of things, it has plenty more. Wish I had never bought this truck now.

Interior has plenty of room and gauges are easy to read.

GM needs to build a better truck in my opinion.

nice truck for the value
By biggunnzz1

I have to say I am very impressed with how the truck drives and feels on the road. I've owned a few 4x4's in my time and driving this truck even though its not a 4x4 it seems like it. For the power of a V6 to perform as this truck does is outstanding. Im about 500 miles into my first ever new vehicle and I'm in awe. I did have one hiccup it rained hard one day drove through some puddles and check engine light came on. the next day it was gone. Gonna have to check it out next rain. Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend to any new buyer.