2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Tight and Quiet
By jville1 on 05/25/14 09:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just passed the 1k mark and everything is go, except the bluetooth links to my Iphone about 80% of the time. Been to the dealer. Reflashed but still problem persists. I give up and have just learned to live with it. I have a regular cab 2014 Silverado WT2 4.3 that I love for its more compact size. Doesn't create a hazard when parking at the local Publix. When in the shop for the bluetooth problem, I was provided a 2014 5.3 extended cab. Think the 4.3 is actually peppier and slightly more economical. Save your money and opt for the 4.3 for everyday use. Taken back by the rude treatment I received from the dealer service writer. Not treated with loyalty as I am at the VW dealership.

2014 Silverado disappointment
By unsatisfied26 on 04/23/14 08:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 work truck regular cab with the 5.3 engine. I was really excited about this truck. That was until I took it in for the computer reflash to correct the overheat recall problem. Now the truck is possessed. Has done weird things like oil pressure spiking, then dropping to 10 psi while cruising down the interstate. Pulling it in gear and the truck just sits until the trans makes a loud clunk then the truck lurches forward. These are just a couple of things, it has plenty more. Wish I had never bought this truck now.

nice truck for the value
By biggunnzz1 on 04/10/14 00:09 AM (PDT)

I have to say I am very impressed with how the truck drives and feels on the road. I've owned a few 4x4's in my time and driving this truck even though its not a 4x4 it seems like it. For the power of a V6 to perform as this truck does is outstanding. Im about 500 miles into my first ever new vehicle and I'm in awe. I did have one hiccup it rained hard one day drove through some puddles and check engine light came on. the next day it was gone. Gonna have to check it out next rain. Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend to any new buyer.

Vibrate, Shake & Shudder
By bugsy4 on 03/28/14 06:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Z71 LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Hi, Took delivery at the end of Feb.2014 and has spent 19 days back at the dealer for a vibrating problem that comes and goes while on the highway. Every time that I brought the problem up to the service manager he would first say that it was fine but then would work on it. After trying to fix it themselves the dealership called in an engineer from Chevy that just keep throwing parts at it. In the end they placed a new rear axel in the truck and admitted that they have had to replace a lot of them. Well I must have gotten another bad one because the more I drive it the worst that it is getting. At this point The district Manager of Chevy refuses to work on her any more and I am Not Happy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular-cab in VA is:

$145 per month*