Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Awesome Z71 Silverado
By Gary

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Z71 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 Silverado has 10,000 miles and NO problems. The 5.3 V8 plenty of power Average 17.5 mpg

Work truck.
By J Weinstein

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this a month ago and just love it. I am very impressed by the power of the V6 engine. I dragged a 1600 pound empty trailer at 75 mph from Texas to California, loaded 2200 pounds (my gvw was about 9000 lbs. at this point) on it and dragged it back at 75mph bucking a strong headwind with no problems and getting 17.8 mpg roundtrip! That V6 has the power of an old school 350, and I'm not sure when I'd need the power of the 5.3 V8. Empty and driven conservatively around town I'm getting 21mpg. Really like this truck!
UPDATE: Still a great truck after 8 months, of course! Mileage is down a bit, probably because I don't drive quite as conservatively as when new.

Great Improvement By GM
By David

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My last GM was a 2009 Suburban. It was mechanically and aesthetically disappointing and after getting rid of it, I never wanted to get another GM vehicle again. During my recent search for a truck, I decided to give GM a try, mostly just to be complete about my research. I was extremely surprised by the quality and improvements of the new Silverado, so I bought one.

Fuel economy: Great compared to every other truck I've owned Interior Finish: very nice Exterior appearance: it looks like a truck

refinement of the 6-spd transmission. It is a little clunky compared to similar Ford and Dodge models

2014 silverado vibration
By surdi

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado back in Feb. Besides the dealership selling me the truck with a recall that I was not told about till I took the truck in for another batch of recalls at a dealer closer to home .I have had the truck in for a radio problem that the first dealership was to take care of and never did,and now there is vibration every time I stay at a steady speed , It seems like the transmission is searching for a gear and stays in a higher gear and not shifting to a lower gear and starts to lug the engine. causing the vibration.I don't know if there is a computer glitch that is not telling the transmission where to shift ,but it seams to be getting worse. I want my 2000 GMC back

It is a nice truck I like the new look which sold me on buying the truck.Other than the problems I have written about the truck tows and hauls as it should.

The transmission has a problem shifting and I believe there is a computer glitch that is not letting the transmission shift to the correct gear ,and that causes the engine to lug .

Tight and Quiet
By jville1

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just passed the 1k mark and everything is go, except the bluetooth links to my Iphone about 80% of the time.
Been to the dealer.
Reflashed but still problem persists.
I give up and have just learned to live with it.
I have a regular cab 2014 Silverado WT2 4.3 that I love for its more compact size.
Doesn't create a hazard when parking at the local Publix.
When in the shop for the bluetooth problem, I was provided a 2014 5.3 extended cab.
Think the 4.3 is actually peppier and slightly more economical.
Save your money and opt for the 4.3 for everyday use.
Taken back by the rude treatment I received from the dealer service writer.
Not treated with loyalty as I am at the VW dealership.

Comfort. 4.3 power and economy Quiet Solid feel

In my case the bluetooth system. Not reliable. Have a GM rep buy a car at a German dealership and learn how to treat customers accordingly.