2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2014 Chevy Silverado
By 14chevy53 on 08/19/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2014 Silverado for 9 months now and have had a long list of issues.Numerous recalls. Had an engine misfire at 14500 miles. Had to replace number 8 cylinder coil which had a history of misfires. Driver side door actuator went out and had to be replaced. The day after I got the truck back (less than 24 hours later) the front passenger side door actuator went out (currently at dealership writing review while its being fixed). When punching the gas the 1st to 2nd gear shift is very rough. Transmission guy at dealership said that's normal which I don't believe. Currently ongoing issue. Really hope GM reads this and contacts me. After what I spent on truck I shouldn't be having issues.

FUEL ECONOMY/TOWING
By deemacokc on 07/18/14 21:12 PM (PDT)

I traded in a 2004 Nissan Titan for the redesigned Silverado. I decided on this truck due to the redesign & the gas mileage. WRONG MOVE!!! I have yet to get more than 17mpg & I have 20K miles on it. I do 97% highway driving. I've taken it to the dealership at least once a month complaining about it, no solution. I've contacted GM, no solution. Towing is terrible. I have a single axle 5X10 enclosed trailer & this Silverado was struggling!! And the trailer was empty! I got better mpg from my Titan with 190K miles & 2 cracked manifolds! As soon as Nissan upgrades the Titan I'm running back!! Got consistent 18-19mpg from the Titan since I bought it new in 2004

Shakerado
By m1tanker1 on 07/09/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I, like many others, have a crew cab with the shakes. Once you get up to speed, you will feel it in the steering wheel, seat, console, and floor. There are quite a few others with this problem and GM threw many parts at their trucks (tires, rims, driveshaft, TCM updates, rear axles) and they still shake and vibrate. At least they received some attention from GM, because I was basically told by my dealer that this is a problem with the trucks and GM has no fix. Throw in about 6 recalls, one tailgate cable longer than the other, a radio that sometimes works, and an interior that is so cheap, it scratches and rattles just looking at it.

It Shakes
By cobaltguy2 on 06/02/14 10:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 2014 High Country is 3 months old. It is an exceptional vehicle everywhere but in the highway ride. At 65-70 miles an hour there is a very noticeable shake in the vehicle. It has been to the dealers 3 times and they have changed everything but the tail lights. This is my 4th Chevy truck and I have never even had any issues until this truck. I would not buy this truck until they get it right

2014 Chevy Silverado Engine Misfire!!!!!!!!!!
By dthatcher on 05/30/14 17:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just took my 2014 Silverado in today because of an "Engine Misfire" I only have 6600 miles on it, and do not feel very happy at this time. I have learned from reading other forums that I'm not the only who has this problem. There are some real horror stories going around that GM might not really have fix!!!. The problem started when I came to a stop. A real hard down shift hit first followed by the motor started to miss like it jumped timing. The check engine light started to blink constantly and the Track Light came on. I know we have GM customer service people on this forum so I would like to see what they have to say. However I don't want the standard responsive of take it to the dealer.

Need better quality control
By jenga70 on 04/19/14 20:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 Trailblazer this winter for the new 2014 Silverado for my daily driver, hunting and hauling the boat around. I bought this in February and it was very cold. The morning after after I brought it home, the truck would not start, just a click sound, full electrical power and battery was good. A few more attempts with the key and it started. This happened multiple times. Read on some truck forums that there was a bad batch of starters. I had the dealer replace the starter and no issue since. I rated reliability as poor as this 'new truck with less than 40 miles' could have left me stranded in woods when it was dangerously cold.

Problem changing between 4 and 8 cylinders
By jjj32 on 04/18/14 13:42 PM (PDT)

I just purchased the Silverado 2014, less than 1500 miles. It squeaks each time it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders. Dealer said that nothing could be done. They could repeat the problem but said that GM had no resolution. This is most annoying to say the least. I'll track each time I take it in for repair; if they continue to say it can't be fixed I'll file under the state lemon law. Too bad, really was looking forward to my new truck.

A Great Truck Hamstrung by an awful tranny and Fuel management system
By m1tanker on 03/06/14 11:39 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my '07 Avalanche for the '14 Silverado thinking the new motor and 6 speed tranny would be a path to better fuel economy. Not so much. The tranny constantly hunts for the proper gear and the AFM system is so cludgy that the whole truck lurches when it goes in and out of V4 mode. Its been to the dealer for the recall to remap the idle which has lowered the already low city MPG from 17 to 16 (sorry performance for a standard cab). I tried installing a Diablo tuner to fix the AFM but they're maps weren't any better. They just turned off the V4 mode, which made the fuel economy even worse. It's a shame because other than the mapping and tranny I enjoy the features of the truck

Z71
By fgearhead440 on 02/25/14 16:56 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I looked at dodge, ford and Chevrolet and choose the Chevrolet for price. I now have 700 miles on my truck with no mechanical issues or ride issues and is very comfortable and fun to drive. the only problem I have had is keeping the tire pressure up but that's because of the cold weather. I have plenty of power and great fuel economy with the 4-8 set up. the transmission works great and is very smooth, so smooth I don't even feel it shift but know its working great by watching the tachometer. Now Edmunds doesn't list my actual truck I bought. It's a 2014 crew cab Z71 LT 4X4 6'6'' box with the 5.3 motor. Have the 8'' touch screen love it. Great Truck!!!

Loved it at first....growing concerned
By autoindustry1 on 01/24/14 11:07 AM (PST)

I loved this truck at first. Great ride, fuel economy and interior comfort/features. I'm starting to have several issues of major concern. My truck starts very hard in cold weather. Several revolutions of the engine before it'll fire up. Getting worse. I also have a distinct coolant smell coming from the truck after it's gotten warm. There is a vibration I've noticed at freeway speeds in the drivetrain that's starting to drive me nuts. I also have to bring the truck into the dealer for 2 recalls. My windshield has cracked and I don't believe it's anything that I've done. GM spec'd the glass too thin to save weight??? The truck is a bit jerky to drive through various speeds. Not

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$144 per month*