2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2014 Silverado crew cab Texas edition LT 5.3 2WD
By caw6

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've liked chevy trucks for about 15 years. I had a 99, an 03, and an 08 prior to this one, but this new generation has DRASTIC imrovements. HOWEVER, i just turned over 50k miles, and i have had a few annoyances.

Favorite Features

New DI engines make a lot more low/mid torque and MPG. Bluetooth connectivity and interaction Very quiet interior/no road noise Lower seating position for tall people. I'm 6'2", and i dont even put the seat all the way back. Stronger rear axle Better interior ergonomics and build quality The first aesthetically pleasing chevy truck in 12 years Handles like a sport sedan Better load handling, impressive for a 1500 accurate auto-climate control Nice downshift assist feature when towing. Good brakes Lots of room for car seats, and provisions on both sides

Suggested Improvements

The sterile throttle took a while to get used to, and the downshifts are horribly slow with the factory tune. It also shifts into 2nd gear too soon at light throttle and bogs. goodyear tires were awful, along with every other set of goodyears I've ever owned. so i just lived with the vibration until they wore out at 48k miles. The steering shaft clunks when turning while parked. Dealer replaced the rack'n'pinion with no effect. It doesnt bother me enough to escalate further. a plug wire wasn't seated and fell off when it was brand new. At 47k miles, AC condenser leaked on the side where the drier tube mounts. The part was $270 out of warranty.

Love my Silverado
By carguyincomox

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Moved to BC and knew I needed a truck to tow our trailer. I looked at them all but ended with the Chevy. It was model year end and I missed 1 option the sunroof...but I guess I will live. I have nothing bad to say about my truck all is good - 1 suggestion, see if we can make the rear bench recline a bit for the kids on long drives. We had an SUV before and they miss that feature.

Favorite Features

ummm I like the all. I guess the step rear bumper, lights in the cargo box and my High Country interior!

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned a reclining rear bench would be sweet!

First time Chevy buyer
By karen_fields

This is my very first Chevy product and I love my truck. Even with the lift oversized wheels and tires as well as exhaust I had added, this truck rides and runs like a dream. Still manage to get 20 MPG with the lift. I have had zero issues with this truck.

not happy w my chevy
By not_happychev

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 12 Silverado for a 14 Silverado. Big mistake. I have been at the dealer to many times for recalls. The truck shakes at the start off from a stop and at hwy speeds. The dealer said it was the tire pressure. Not so even with correct pressure. I have also had a rear whining/grinding sound which I was told it was tire noise. After 3 trips back to dealer I was told it was the rear bearings. After replacing the bearing noise still there. The truck now has 15k mi and I am ready to look elsewhere for a better product. Good thing I leased the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Nice body style and roomy interior. fix the rest.

Awesome Truck!
By eviroman

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Being in government services and having to travel all over Texas, I've driven many trucks. Ive driven Ford king ranch, Lariat, Dodge. The two fords and Dodges had horrible gas mileage as well as ride and reliability. This is my first Chevy and I'm very impressed with the ride and quality of this Truck. I would like to inform you that I own an environmental company that does very well, I'm nowhere near cheap and being in my vehicle long periods of time so owning the top of the line in trucks is a must for me. A-Z about this truck is awesome!!! I towed what I thought to be 5k pound trailer only to later find out it weighed 9k pound and not even noticing it.

Favorite Features

This truck is just awesome!!!! Interior is beautiful and rich, performance is awesome, body is exactly what a Chevy is supposed to look like. My daughter prefers me to take her to school in this truck...lol. This truck gets more looks then my My over priced Italian sports cars...LOL! my favorite feature: no eco boost garbage, it's an American truck built to work and play! Love this truck!!!

Suggested Improvements

It's perfect the way it is !