Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love my Chevy
By Adam Wiley

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck all the way around. Looks great, drives great, powerful, comfortable, smooth ride, not noisy, etc. Wish it had navigation though. Onstar sucks.

my bad truck
By ward

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

not safe, to many problems with electrical, shifting problems from 2wheel to 4wheel,very poor support from dealer or GM to fix the problems!!!!!!!!!!!

Infotainment system is obsolete technology.
By Stephen Brooks

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After several weeks in and out of the shop and calling GM due to my navigation system being unable to change route and more than 50% extended predicted travel time GM gave ne a service bulletin and response that said the system operates as designed and works from a static base when calculating travel time. It is not an active system. Translation they bought old technology for their new vehicles. you can use any gps capable device today and have more accurate information.
Their resolution was to offer me GM dollars to buy junk I don't need from their online store. I asked to either have the GPS ($750 option in a $45,000 truck) repaired to work correctly or give me credit to purchase a truly usable system. The lack of concern demonstrated by the GM team has convinced me to not buy a GM product again. Another recall I have to deal with came today, it appears the seats break lose in a crash?

Happy in New Hampshire!
By Mr jay

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

As an update to the below, more happy than ever. 20k miles now and runs like a charm. Everything is solid, dependable and very comfortable. My son who is not a car guy at all (he is looking forward to driverless cars). Seems to like it well enough. When driving does not feel like 19 feet! Backup camera big help in parking lots. Have not had her off roading but effortless in nh winters, ski resorts, etc. love the full time AWD in winter and the true 4 WD. When needed.really happy all around

Got a 2014 high country and very happy. While expensive it is extremely comfortable and easy to hop in and out. Fairly soft ride considering it is a truck with full off road capabilities. It about 10k miles and no issues whatsoever. Controls are big and solid, no rattles or highway noise and holds together in corners as well as you can expect from a truck. Pulls my boat and snowmobiles easily-not surprising for V8. I get 18 mpg no matter what type of driving. Makes me wonder if electronic mpg calculator is working- I never calculated it manually. People love riding in the back- as much room as a limo. Back up camera is outstanding which is good because this beast would be difficult to park otherwise. And parking sensors are helpful.
Overall, very happy with her especially the room and ergonomics.

25,000 mile review
By Stephen

I have not been pleased with my new Chevy Silverado. I've had a couple of Chevy trucks before and had positive experiences.
My truck required replacement of the front differential at around 10,000. It was replaced and the truck ran fine, like it did when it was new. But within one long ski trip it was whining again upon return. My second time in, the service manager claimed they couldn't hear the whine but also conlcluded that I was driving too much in AWD. (Auto mode) and that that was breaking the front diff. My argument that that in the Pacific Northwest, you need to drive in AWD a lot was deemed invalid.
Anyway, my service experience has continued to decline. Electronic gremlins with the nav/infotainment system and parking sensors have persisted. The service departments don't want to take the keys if it's not malfunctioning in their service bay. Came in after a road trip where my nav/radio was crashing every 5 minutes, for a full day. Had it on video malfunctioning. My new dealership service dept actually laughed at me and said that if it wasn't doing it now , that he didn't know why I had a problem with it. I've taken the truck to several different dealerships for different issues both in Oregon and now in North Carolina and have had consistently bad experiences. Plus, I feel the truck is too new to have multiple, potentially expensive issues. I've vowed to get rid of the truck, not because of its failings but because of the consistently horrible service.
On the good side, when everything is working, it's a great truck. The nav is difficult to use when alone and the voice recognition can't recognize anything I say. Always use OnStar now. But it's very comfortable and incredibly quiet despite having off road tires. The gas mileage is much better than I expected. Better than anything I'd replace it with, I think. If you were getting a basic model, fewer electronics, especially with 2WD, I think it would probably be a decent vehicle.