2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Good for 500 miles, then it's a vibrator with no fix
By chevy_vibrator on 12/05/14 12:17 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this new 2014 Silverado 2.5 months ago. Within 500 miles, it started to vibrate on all roads at all speeds. After 5 trips to the shop, 3 failed fixes, a service manager that acknowledged the problem and said he had a friend with the same problem, 4 calls to GM, GM said "It's normal, there's nothing more we can do". It's not normal to feel like every road is a gravel road. And if you search the internet, you'll find 1000s of others reporting this same problem. GM refused to do anything further, so I took a little loss and traded for a Dodge Ram 1500. Couldn't be happier. GM has a big problem here, doesn't know a solution, and is in complete damage control at this point.

CHECK ENGINE-HAS THE SHAKES-ONSTAR OUT TWICE-STARTING ISSUES-AIRLEAKS IN WINDOWS-YOU NAME IT....
By twh_lover on 11/25/14 22:43 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Leased 14 Chevy 1500 LTZ w/intent 2 purchase. It shakes/vibrates in floor/seats/pedals/wheel between 45mph & 80mph+.The shaking is bad enough that u SEE the seats shake & it may get bad enough@times that it makes it difficult 2 read the mileage#'s on the dash.Been to 2 chevy dealers & 1 GM dealer too many times to count.Filed case w/GM approx.1mo.ago.Dealer states all is perfect but can't fix the vibr & waiting 2 hear what GM will do.Not much faith w/service so far.Loaner trk was 14 Chev-same truck w/30 mi.It shakes worse than mine!Check engine light comes on multiple x's daily & code reads-a manifold pressure issue.Have yet 2 address this new issue.Im tired/angry&no resolution in the year.

vibration
By mrchevy2014 on 11/24/14 12:59 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love the truck hate the ride. I have had this truck for 3 weeks and it has been back to the dealer 4 times. After the last time the tech road with me and told me what the issue was right from the start and said I needed to call GM. I did and have not heard from dealer yet. If issue does not get fixed Lemon law will be issued. Truck came with 18inc wheels and good year tires. The tech says if GM puts 20inc wheels and some better tires on the ride should be better. After paying 40k for new truck it should ride good enough to take on long trips with the family.

Vibrations
By taps929 on 11/14/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Highway vibrations pretty bad - been to the dealer 7 times and counting - dealer, techs and reps claim they feel nothing, what I feel is normal for these trucks, yet keep throwing thousands of dollars worth of parts and man hours at it - new shaft - shimmed rear end for shaft angle - tires - going on my 3rd exhaust for whistle/screech noise when coming out of v4 - rental cars fees- field rep came out last time and said he felt nothing yet ordered new shocks all the way around - (if its fine why do they keep fixing nothing??) pinion whine is terrible - radio bad - exhaust drone in v4 @ 40 and 50 mph deafening - all new..... shoulda waited a year or two till they ironed out issues

best truck i've ever had
By lovethesechev on 11/02/14 21:28 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Drives great, smooth, very quite and great gas mileage. Have owned 6 new Chevys and this is by far the best. Traded in a 2011 2500HD 4wd crew cab with 6.0L. I needed a truck that sat lower to the ground. This truck gives me 5 more mpg hiway and local driving. I tow a 34' TT and a 24' enclosed trailer loaded with antique engines and get 12mpg or better. Only time I have had it back to dealer was for oil change and computer recall. Just turned 8000 miles. The only complaint I have is you can't get camper mirrors on this truck unless you get Max pkg.

Last Chevy
By former_chevy on 11/02/14 17:32 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a '12 for a '14. The '12 was a good truck overall except the interior looked horrible after only 33,000 miles. No kids, and often me traveling by myself. It had rattles in the dash, and the seats looked terrible. I thought the 2014 would be an awesome truck. Well, it's marginal.... With 450 miles I'm already scared I made a bad move. It has a bad shake at 75 mph..feels like the back end is going to fall out. Now about the radio. It sucks!!! The FM reception is horrible at best. The XM sounds like listening to music over a slow internet connection. Besides that it's fine..so far.

2014 silverado vibration
By surdi on 10/29/14 08:25 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado back in Feb. Besides the dealership selling me the truck with a recall that I was not told about till I took the truck in for another batch of recalls at a dealer closer to home .I have had the truck in for a radio problem that the first dealership was to take care of and never did,and now there is vibration every time I stay at a steady speed , It seems like the transmission is searching for a gear and stays in a higher gear and not shifting to a lower gear and starts to lug the engine. causing the vibration.I don't know if there is a computer glitch that is not telling the transmission where to shift ,but it seams to be getting worse. I want my 2000 GMC back

Total dissapoitment
By jimmyz10 on 10/26/14 23:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my very first brand new truck out a dealer with only 200 miles on it. I bought it 2 days ago and tomorrow is going back to the dealer shop. I didn't drove tested as I had before on pre-owned cars, I figured zero miles zero problems WRONG!! after I drove my beautiful truck around town and on the freeway I noticed a shake or vibration when idling, on speed and at a stop light. It can be feel even at the passenger seat and rear seats, it just SHAKES. I took it back to the dealer and 2 persons drove it and told me that there was definitely something wrong, that they also felt the bad idling. Now after reading all this reviews I think I will be stuck with a 43k dollars PU, not working...

Vibrations
By silvabrations on 10/22/14 10:38 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I like the truck, but it certainly is not that much better than the 09, or 11 I had. Oddly enough this truck has an awful vibration at 55mph plus or sometimes 45mph if going into the wind. Oddly enough, I believe the vibration is due to the hood flexing. When driving you can see a slight flex in the hood that as best as I can tell corresponds to the vibration throughout the truck. I am curious if others have had the same issue.

2014 Chevy Work truck model.((Nice truck)).....BUT!
By chevy1989 on 10/17/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Double Cab SB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this truck pre-owned and now i know why! the 1st guy had been shaken to death! Befor he hit 200 miles ha.Trucks Nice but dang if it don't ride like a wagon.And the engine which is a V6 that goes to the 2 Cylinder on highway.....Yeah right!!! When i got it, it rode alright.But now after 4000 miles on the OD Dang thing cant make up its mind on what it want's to do? Or which gear to stay in? It Vibrates at every speed and Rides rough. I paid alot money for a wagon with a engine on it! I could done that myself

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$145 per month*