2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
FUEL ECONOMY/TOWING
By deemacokc on 07/18/14 21:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2004 Nissan Titan for the redesigned Silverado. I decided on this truck due to the redesign & the gas mileage. WRONG MOVE!!! I have yet to get more than 17mpg & I have 20K miles on it. I do 97% highway driving. I've taken it to the dealership at least once a month complaining about it, no solution. I've contacted GM, no solution. Towing is terrible. I have a single axle 5X10 enclosed trailer & this Silverado was struggling!! And the trailer was empty! I got better mpg from my Titan with 190K miles & 2 cracked manifolds! As soon as Nissan upgrades the Titan I'm running back!! Got consistent 18-19mpg from the Titan since I bought it new in 2004

Shakerado
By m1tanker1 on 07/09/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I, like many others, have a crew cab with the shakes. Once you get up to speed, you will feel it in the steering wheel, seat, console, and floor. There are quite a few others with this problem and GM threw many parts at their trucks (tires, rims, driveshaft, TCM updates, rear axles) and they still shake and vibrate. At least they received some attention from GM, because I was basically told by my dealer that this is a problem with the trucks and GM has no fix. Throw in about 6 recalls, one tailgate cable longer than the other, a radio that sometimes works, and an interior that is so cheap, it scratches and rattles just looking at it.

2014 Chevy Silverado LT All-Star Edition Z/71 Double Cab-5.3 V-8
By canadaverde on 06/06/14 19:16 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Got my new truck 2 weeks ago. I don't drive my personal vehicles very much and now I am a retired Deputy Sheriff with disabilities. I sold my 2004 Chevy 2500HD-LT-SWB-Extended Cab 4X4 with the 6-1/2 foot bed with the Duramax/Allison in February 2013. It only had 28,000 miles on it with almost 9 years of ownership. I like most things about my new pickup, except the Active Fuel Management system and poor fuel economy. It only has about 250 miles on it now. I used a SuperChips programmer on a 2006 Dodge Charger I was assigned to add power and deactivated the AFM system. The car ran better and got better MPG's, so I ordered one for my new Chevy truck. We will see how it works on the pickup.

It Shakes
By cobaltguy2 on 06/02/14 10:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My 2014 High Country is 3 months old. It is an exceptional vehicle everywhere but in the highway ride. At 65-70 miles an hour there is a very noticeable shake in the vehicle. It has been to the dealers 3 times and they have changed everything but the tail lights. This is my 4th Chevy truck and I have never even had any issues until this truck. I would not buy this truck until they get it right

2014 Chevy Silverado Engine Misfire!!!!!!!!!!
By dthatcher on 05/30/14 17:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just took my 2014 Silverado in today because of an "Engine Misfire" I only have 6600 miles on it, and do not feel very happy at this time. I have learned from reading other forums that I'm not the only who has this problem. There are some real horror stories going around that GM might not really have fix!!!. The problem started when I came to a stop. A real hard down shift hit first followed by the motor started to miss like it jumped timing. The check engine light started to blink constantly and the Track Light came on. I know we have GM customer service people on this forum so I would like to see what they have to say. However I don't want the standard responsive of take it to the dealer.

Tight and Quiet
By jville1 on 05/25/14 09:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just passed the 1k mark and everything is go, except the bluetooth links to my Iphone about 80% of the time. Been to the dealer. Reflashed but still problem persists. I give up and have just learned to live with it. I have a regular cab 2014 Silverado WT2 4.3 that I love for its more compact size. Doesn't create a hazard when parking at the local Publix. When in the shop for the bluetooth problem, I was provided a 2014 5.3 extended cab. Think the 4.3 is actually peppier and slightly more economical. Save your money and opt for the 4.3 for everyday use. Taken back by the rude treatment I received from the dealer service writer. Not treated with loyalty as I am at the VW dealership.

2014 Silverado disappointment
By unsatisfied26 on 04/23/14 08:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB w/1WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 work truck regular cab with the 5.3 engine. I was really excited about this truck. That was until I took it in for the computer reflash to correct the overheat recall problem. Now the truck is possessed. Has done weird things like oil pressure spiking, then dropping to 10 psi while cruising down the interstate. Pulling it in gear and the truck just sits until the trans makes a loud clunk then the truck lurches forward. These are just a couple of things, it has plenty more. Wish I had never bought this truck now.

The perfect truck
By dbary on 04/22/14 06:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my new 2014 Silverado for a few months now. Here is the build configuration: LT Double Cab 4x4 5.3L V-8 All-Star Package Bed Liner 33,000 out the door (after tax) Disclaimer, I have driven similar versions of Ram and Fords 2014 trucks. I have actually always owed Fords up until this point of my life. This truck just does everything perfect. When I test drove the Ram and Ford, the Silverado just seemed like everything was put together in a way that made it feel like the entire truck is made out of one piece, aka, German sedan like.

Need better quality control
By jenga70 on 04/19/14 20:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 Trailblazer this winter for the new 2014 Silverado for my daily driver, hunting and hauling the boat around. I bought this in February and it was very cold. The morning after after I brought it home, the truck would not start, just a click sound, full electrical power and battery was good. A few more attempts with the key and it started. This happened multiple times. Read on some truck forums that there was a bad batch of starters. I had the dealer replace the starter and no issue since. I rated reliability as poor as this 'new truck with less than 40 miles' could have left me stranded in woods when it was dangerously cold.

Problem changing between 4 and 8 cylinders
By jjj32 on 04/18/14 13:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased the Silverado 2014, less than 1500 miles. It squeaks each time it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders. Dealer said that nothing could be done. They could repeat the problem but said that GM had no resolution. This is most annoying to say the least. I'll track each time I take it in for repair; if they continue to say it can't be fixed I'll file under the state lemon law. Too bad, really was looking forward to my new truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$110 per month*