2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Love my Silverado
By carguyincomox on 02/19/15 09:42 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Moved to BC and knew I needed a truck to tow our trailer. I looked at them all but ended with the Chevy. It was model year end and I missed 1 option the sunroof...but I guess I will live. I have nothing bad to say about my truck all is good - 1 suggestion, see if we can make the rear bench recline a bit for the kids on long drives. We had an SUV before and they miss that feature.

First time Chevy buyer
By karen_fields on 02/16/15 11:36 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my very first Chevy product and I love my truck. Even with the lift oversized wheels and tires as well as exhaust I had added, this truck rides and runs like a dream. Still manage to get 20 MPG with the lift. I have had zero issues with this truck.

Great Truck!
By aclay84 on 02/06/15 13:12 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love my 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4X4 6.2L truck. No problems yet! Great power, gas mileage, design and interior/exterior quality. Purchased most upgrades, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, Navigation, Bose, 20" wheels and motor upgrade. Couldn't be happier with my decision!

not happy w my chevy
By not_happychev on 01/22/15 03:26 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 12 Silverado for a 14 Silverado. Big mistake. I have been at the dealer to many times for recalls. The truck shakes at the start off from a stop and at hwy speeds. The dealer said it was the tire pressure. Not so even with correct pressure. I have also had a rear whining/grinding sound which I was told it was tire noise. After 3 trips back to dealer I was told it was the rear bearings. After replacing the bearing noise still there. The truck now has 15k mi and I am ready to look elsewhere for a better product. Good thing I leased the vehicle.

Awesome Truck!
By eviroman on 01/15/15 09:20 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Being in government services and having to travel all over Texas, I've driven many trucks. Ive driven Ford king ranch, Lariat, Dodge. The two fords and Dodges had horrible gas mileage as well as ride and reliability. This is my first Chevy and I'm very impressed with the ride and quality of this Truck. I would like to inform you that I own an environmental company that does very well, I'm nowhere near cheap and being in my vehicle long periods of time so owning the top of the line in trucks is a must for me. A-Z about this truck is awesome!!! I towed what I thought to be 5k pound trailer only to later find out it weighed 9k pound and not even noticing it.

vibration problems
By rbw612 on 12/31/14 16:48 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Getting a vibration a freeway speeds. Don't think it's a balance problem as it comes and goes. I have not noticed it when driving up the mountain roads with cruse set at 75 mph, but it really starts to vibrate when going down hill or on the flat when the engine goes into the V-4 mode? I have read many complaints from others having the same problem. Has anyone considered it could be the fuel management system causing this problem? If it was a tire issue or drive shaft problem it would vibrate all the time at highway speeds. Mine only does it when it's in the V-4 mode? Anyone else notice this problem only vibrates in the V-4 mode?

Good for 500 miles, then it's a vibrator with no fix
By chevy_vibrator on 12/05/14 12:17 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this new 2014 Silverado 2.5 months ago. Within 500 miles, it started to vibrate on all roads at all speeds. After 5 trips to the shop, 3 failed fixes, a service manager that acknowledged the problem and said he had a friend with the same problem, 4 calls to GM, GM said "It's normal, there's nothing more we can do". It's not normal to feel like every road is a gravel road. And if you search the internet, you'll find 1000s of others reporting this same problem. GM refused to do anything further, so I took a little loss and traded for a Dodge Ram 1500. Couldn't be happier. GM has a big problem here, doesn't know a solution, and is in complete damage control at this point.

CHECK ENGINE-HAS THE SHAKES-ONSTAR OUT TWICE-STARTING ISSUES-AIRLEAKS IN WINDOWS-YOU NAME IT....
By twh_lover on 11/25/14 22:43 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Leased 14 Chevy 1500 LTZ w/intent 2 purchase. It shakes/vibrates in floor/seats/pedals/wheel between 45mph & 80mph+.The shaking is bad enough that u SEE the seats shake & it may get bad enough@times that it makes it difficult 2 read the mileage#'s on the dash.Been to 2 chevy dealers & 1 GM dealer too many times to count.Filed case w/GM approx.1mo.ago.Dealer states all is perfect but can't fix the vibr & waiting 2 hear what GM will do.Not much faith w/service so far.Loaner trk was 14 Chev-same truck w/30 mi.It shakes worse than mine!Check engine light comes on multiple x's daily & code reads-a manifold pressure issue.Have yet 2 address this new issue.Im tired/angry&no resolution in the year.

vibration
By mrchevy2014 on 11/24/14 12:59 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love the truck hate the ride. I have had this truck for 3 weeks and it has been back to the dealer 4 times. After the last time the tech road with me and told me what the issue was right from the start and said I needed to call GM. I did and have not heard from dealer yet. If issue does not get fixed Lemon law will be issued. Truck came with 18inc wheels and good year tires. The tech says if GM puts 20inc wheels and some better tires on the ride should be better. After paying 40k for new truck it should ride good enough to take on long trips with the family.

Vibrations
By taps929 on 11/14/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Highway vibrations pretty bad - been to the dealer 7 times and counting - dealer, techs and reps claim they feel nothing, what I feel is normal for these trucks, yet keep throwing thousands of dollars worth of parts and man hours at it - new shaft - shimmed rear end for shaft angle - tires - going on my 3rd exhaust for whistle/screech noise when coming out of v4 - rental cars fees- field rep came out last time and said he felt nothing yet ordered new shocks all the way around - (if its fine why do they keep fixing nothing??) pinion whine is terrible - radio bad - exhaust drone in v4 @ 40 and 50 mph deafening - all new..... shoulda waited a year or two till they ironed out issues

1 2 3 4 5 next »