2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: No Real Complaints

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LS Crew Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 FFV 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

No Real Complaints
By someguy8 on

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2012 in early 2013 with 5 miles on it. At first I thought it was going to be more truck than I needed as I was mainly looking for a way to get a family of four around with all of our stuff. Salesman gave me a great deal since it was last years model. I have drove 22k miles already. No issues. I get on average 18 MPG. I drive a county road to work for about 35 miles each way up and down hills and around a few bends. Fun to drive. Tires are still good, brakes are fine, no noises. Only after market purchase was a tonneau cover to keep the hockey gear dry and a set of nerf bars so the kids could climb in easier. I plan on having this truck for years

Mine came with the chrome package. While it is a pain to keep clean it really sets it apart from other trucks on the road. I like the ease of the rear fold up seats. Really easy to store my hunting gear under the seat.

I would like to see a storage box under the rear seats. Sometimes shotgun shells roll around. It is a pain trying to get them all rounded up. I would also like to see a light mounted under the rear seat that comes on when the cab light is turned on.