dispointed
By racerx62040 on
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
i bought a 2012 chevy Z-71 ex cab pick up 2 years ago now. this is the first vehicle i have even been able to buy new. when i drove it off the lot it had 3 miles on it and i was very happy. one of the big selling points was the sticker said it got 21 MPG hwy. the sales man said it got 21MPG. i feel they lied to me. this truck has a 5.3 engine. the truck i had before was a 1995 GMC ext. cab 2x4 long bed with a 350 throattle body injection engine. when that 350 hit 180,000 miles the engine had problems. so i totaly rebuilt that engine and everything was new. that truck even after the rebuild got 15 MPG. so i bought this new one thinking it would be better. but it only get 16 MPG at the best
Favorite Features
the interior is conffy.
Suggested Improvements
needs to go back with the 350 engine. the 5.3 has no power when towing even a small utily trailer. i took this truck back to the dealer two times to have it checked out and they said there is nothing wrong with it. this truck only get 15MPG when being carefull but when put my small utility on the truck and my riding mower on the trailer this truck will only get 10 MPG would hate to see what it does with a heavier trailer on it.
By coachball33
on 08/18/14 11:23 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2012 Chevy Z-71 crew cab with a 5.3 engine. I now how 30,000 miles on the truck. I get 20 mpg around town. I took my truck to the beach this summer and I got 23 mpg. I can not complain about the gas mileage. ( I can complain about the price of gas ). I pull a 6 x 12 trailer sometimes and the mileage is still pretty good maybe 18 mpg at worse. There must be something wrong with your truck. I did buy a cover for the bed which I think helps air drag.