2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
No Real Complaints
By someguy8 on 01/13/14 01:19 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2012 in early 2013 with 5 miles on it. At first I thought it was going to be more truck than I needed as I was mainly looking for a way to get a family of four around with all of our stuff. Salesman gave me a great deal since it was last years model. I have drove 22k miles already. No issues. I get on average 18 MPG. I drive a county road to work for about 35 miles each way up and down hills and around a few bends. Fun to drive. Tires are still good, brakes are fine, no noises. Only after market purchase was a tonneau cover to keep the hockey gear dry and a set of nerf bars so the kids could climb in easier. I plan on having this truck for years

Low Power Poor Fuel Mileage
By blue1966 on 09/21/12 10:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck except for the low end power and fuel mileage.This truck has 305 hp,but it has a torque management system on it.It does not let you have any low end power.After 30 mph it runs great.Dont take any chances and pull out in front of anyone or pull a boat up a steep boat ramp,it want pull it.I only get 13 mpg it is suppose to get 17 to 23 mph.This truck only has 7500 miles on it.Really if i new about the lack of power and bad mileage i would have bought a ford.I dont appreciate gm dictating the power i use on take off.

Paint has dust under clearcoat that is causing bubbles
By zippy2hf on 07/12/12 21:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought truck new with 15miles on it on 6/21/12. there is a spot rusting on the roof and two spots on the passenger side of the truck (back passenger door and front fender) that have dust in the clearcoat that is causing a bubble. countaced gm two days after i bought it and been passed from person to person to person and now they want to paint my truck and are telling me quote the finish wont be the same as new and we wont be able to exactly match it. i asked for a new truck which i only think is right and i am getting the run around there customer service people leave alot to be desired!!!

Remotelink doesn't work with GM dealer remote start
By mylink_useless on 02/09/12 10:20 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It was dissappointing to find out only after taking delivery of my new Silverado that OnStar's RemoteLink does not work nor will it ever work with the GM dealer installed remote starter. Both GM and OnStar have assured me that they have no intention now or in the future to ever make the less expensive dealer installed option work with the RemoteLink app for smartphones. From what I can find out, the remote start equipment is installed at the factory but the key fobs are programmed at the dealer through a factory download direct to the vehicle. When you consider that the factory installed remote start option only comes in a higher priced convienence package, I guess it's all corporate greed.

2012 Chevy Silverado
By tdr_honda on 01/12/12 09:25 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have a 2012 Silverado crew cab, 4x4, LTZ. Have 1300 miles on it and so far it has been great. MPG is about 16.5 mixed city and hwy. Only complaints so far are that this came with Goodyear Eagle tires and they are horrible. have already slid several times. Why do they put these cheap tires on a $50K vehicle. Also, the interior gauges are somewhat outdated and have not been changed since 2007. Otherwise, I think it will be a great truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.