My 2011 Silverado Extended Cab
By jayvas on
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I do love my truck but I have to warn everyone - don't be fooled by fuel economy on the sticker. Tried my best to get high MPG and most I've got so far is 16.1 MPG and this is a brand new 2011 truck. There also was some defect in the paint on the roof but the dealer fixed that right away. I really do love the truck but I hate the fuel economy since I expected more and I need to get a storage box for the bed since there is very little room under the back seat. I have the Allstar and the Z71 packages and wouldn't get the truck without those options. Motor has a lot of power. Truck drives smooth and quiet (with windows closed). I have the 6.6 foot bed but it didn't show up in options.
Favorite Features
I can't believe how smooth it rides and how quiet it is. I love the radio controls on the steering wheel and the USB port for the IPod. I had to keep the on-star and XM service - once you get used to it, it's hard to let go. The hands free phone is also excellent - very clear on both ends. I love the acceleration when it's needed - very powerful. Everyone compliments the color - dark blue metallic. The easy lift tailgate is nice and my truck came with 20" aluminum rims which I love!
Suggested Improvements
It would have been nice to have a little more storage somewhere in the truck - I need to keep some small electrical parts and steel-toe boots, hard hat, gloves, galsses in truck and they don't quite fit under the seat. I like to keep jumper cables and ice scraoer/brush in the truck but everything can't fit under seat so it gets in the way or stepped on. Also, the USB port should have been located in the center console or glove compartment since the IPod barley fits in small space in dash and is left in plain site.