I hate my 2011 silverado
By duffy74 on
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I have had noting but disappointments from my 2011 silverado i purchased new. From the bed rails that dent from falling acorns to brakes that overheat when the truck is empty, simply exiting the freeway???? you cant pump gas into it because they changed the down angle but no gas stations around me are updated. the traction control button stopped working at 39,000 miles, so I took it appart and found it was super glued together from the factory or dealer I dont know which but definitely cracked/broken plastic bits obviously glued back together???? (are you kidding me??? no I am not) when I asked costumer service they have nothing.
By shanem2
on 08/14/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

I could not agree with your headline more! I bought a 2011 silverado and have not been happy with it since day one. The 5.3 engine is a joke. I traded a 6 liter 3/4 ton in for the half ton 5.3 liter thinking it would suffice for me just fine. HUGE mistake. throw as little as 600lbs in the bed or hook up to my little 6 x 10 single axle trailer and driving it was miserable. I have owned a 2006 Ford 5.4 F150, traded for a 2011 silverado 3/4 ton with the 6.0 liter. I was very pleased with the 6.0 liter and the ford 5.4, but thought it was more than I needed so downgraded to the 5.3 liter 1/2 ton. Owned it for four months and hated every second of it. My wife couldn't even stand driving it! After 4 months, I got rid of it for a new dodge 3/4 ton and have been very pleased. My complaint insn't with chevy in general but 5.3 liter is an absolute joke of an engine. I will never buy another chevy half ton. If it's going to be used as a city truck and no hauling you will be just fine but if you plan on using it at all - upgrade to the 6.0 or 6.2 if you going to get a chevy. The 5.3 half ton was a complete waste of money.