Best Chevy truck yet!
By mikmurphy on
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I typically buy a new truck every 10 years; this 2011 replaced a 2000 Silverado. The new one sits taller, and is a bit bigger overall. It has more power, and feels more capable. First fill-up yielded 15.3 MPG, in a mix of city, highway, and ranch use. The LT truck has a long bed, Z71 package, 5.3 V8, 18" wheels, built-in trailering; in short just about everything I need to haul ranch stuff around. I did add the Ranch Hand replacement front end, lighted headache rack, and new tool box. It's ready to work, and ready to play.
Favorite Features
The electronic package is totally impressive. I comes with 6 months of Onstar, 3 months of XM/Sirius radio, has remote start on the key fob, back-up assistance (beeps more quickly the closer to get to something behind you), and remote system diagnostics. Part of the Onstar service includes a monthly check of the system, and an email sent with the results. Onstar will also email if there's something you need to tend to right away. You can also download an ap that works on the iPhone or Android phone that allows you to monitor the vehicle; and also remotely start/stop it, and lock/unlock the doors.
Suggested Improvements
All in all, for me this is a excellent truck for the money. I kept my 1991 for 9 years and 185K miles, the 2000 for 11 years and 175K miles, with luck this one will last me even longer.