2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
So far so good
By bsl64 on 09/29/11 04:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have the 6 speed tranny and have 3000 miles so far with no problems and no noise. I love the truck and received a killer deal on a dealer promo. My only complaint was with the onstar remote access app. I can unlock and lock the doors. But every time I try the remote start it tells me the keys cant be in the truck. The problem is every time ive tried it the keys were NOT in the truck 3 calls to onstar has not solved the problem. Other then that one thing I have never owned a nicer vehicle. Love the all star package and the blue tooth calls are far better then the ones I had before with a 1200 dollar after market head unit. I would like to see spray in bed liners standard. But great truck!!

Excellent Choice
By john178 on 09/28/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had truck for 5 months. First truck I have owned but won't be my last as this truck is everything and more than I expected. The ride/comfort is equal to luxury cars I have owned and currently own. The best MPG I have been able to attain is just shy of 20 going 72 MPH for long stretches- but I'm not complaining; I didn't buy the truck for MPG reasons.

Best Chevy truck yet!
By mikmurphy on 09/09/11 12:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I typically buy a new truck every 10 years; this 2011 replaced a 2000 Silverado. The new one sits taller, and is a bit bigger overall. It has more power, and feels more capable. First fill-up yielded 15.3 MPG, in a mix of city, highway, and ranch use. The LT truck has a long bed, Z71 package, 5.3 V8, 18" wheels, built-in trailering; in short just about everything I need to haul ranch stuff around. I did add the Ranch Hand replacement front end, lighted headache rack, and new tool box. It's ready to work, and ready to play.

2011 chevy silverado LT 4x4 5.3L
By walker9736 on 07/03/11 11:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for a month now and have about 1100 miles on it. No problems so far. Getting 15.9mpg average and most is city driving. Great power, great looking, and great fit and finish sold me. I keep my vehicles about 10yrs and after the last silverado I owned(2002) turned 132000 miles(trouble free) I decided to trade up to the crew cab with all-star package. This truck is a huge step up in performance and features. Especially like the bluetooth feature and the updated interior quality. You really can't go wrong as these trucks hold their value and are very capable vehicles.

My 2011 Silverado Extended Cab
By jayvas on 04/20/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I do love my truck but I have to warn everyone - don't be fooled by fuel economy on the sticker. Tried my best to get high MPG and most I've got so far is 16.1 MPG and this is a brand new 2011 truck. There also was some defect in the paint on the roof but the dealer fixed that right away. I really do love the truck but I hate the fuel economy since I expected more and I need to get a storage box for the bed since there is very little room under the back seat. I have the Allstar and the Z71 packages and wouldn't get the truck without those options. Motor has a lot of power. Truck drives smooth and quiet (with windows closed). I have the 6.6 foot bed but it didn't show up in options.

NICE TRUCK!`
By kevinbgy on 03/02/11 23:10 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy the ride quality as well as the glances that I get when cruising through town. The exterior design has to be the best out of all the trucks that I compared it to. The interior needs some work, it is plain and boring not enough thought and time has gone into the design and layout. I live 12 miles from the nearest town and I travel daily on the interstate and this appears to be affecting the brakes on my truck significantly! The vehicle is brand new only 3 months old and has about 7000 miles on it and I have had to have the ceramic disk brakes replaced TWICE on it. I will admit that sometimes I tend to have a heavy foot and really push the vehicle but this is not often.

Excellent truck
By ldeverel on 12/23/10 07:55 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I do not have the LTZ, I have an LT Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 L and 6-speed tranny (3.08 rear end). I have had the truck just under two months and have 6200 miles on it and am very pleased so far. All of these miles have come with a 900-1000# payload in the back (permanent vet box) and the truck gets 15.5-16 mpg with this setup (I do not drive very conservatively). The truck will downshift into 5th and 4th on steep grades. With the z71 suspension and the 1000# payload, I have not had to add any suspension reinforcement. The rear end sits down a bit, but not even to level, let alone noticeably squatting. Towing heavy trailers with the payload does cause trailer sway, but I don't tow much.

don't buy the 6 speed transmission!
By el_hoppy on 12/19/10 17:49 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

love the looks and ride but the 6 speed "learning" transmission is crap. it jerks and makes noise during low speed gear changes. GM says its "normal" and will not repair.

Very Happy
By jvelderman on 12/14/10 14:15 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just picked up my 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Extended Cab Z-71. It's got the 5.3 Vortec engine in it and it is incredible. The truck has more power than I know what to do with, and is incredibly responsive in every way. Steering is tight, brakes are firm and react the way I expect them to, and the suspension is not mushy at all. The interior is comfy, but the dashboard seems kind of cheap to me. I suppose the LTZ is probably a little nicer. I got the All-Star package on mine, so it has the dual zone climate control, and the push-button 4x4 along with several other amenities.

Don't buy the 6 speed transmission!
By el_hoppy on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

At less then 100 miles on a new 2011 the transmission developed a noise and it jolts during low speed shifts. taken back to the twice and service manager says nothing can be done to fix it. $36K plus tax, owned for less than 2 months, and only 1K miles on it and I hate driving my new truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$112 per month*