Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

In 2011, Best Bang For Buck, 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab 5.3L
By ntgill07

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I put a good 10,000 miles on it while in Alabama and it performed well. The real test was to come - I had it shipped to Alaska, upon moving, and have put 6,000 Alaska miles on it since being up here during one of the worst winters in history. I have to say, this truck performed flawlessly. Although, per the dealership here, it is suggested to not use AUTO 4x4 as it will eventually ruin the 4x4 - Just keep it in 4 High in inclement conditions. Ice, Snow, Mud, Slush, not a problem for the Silverado. Ya, the interior sucks compared to Ford, but I dont care to much. Love the huge center console/elbow rest. Gas mileage in AL and AK have been consistent at 15.4 on cruise, all HWY miles.

Favorite Features

Exterior, Performance, 7 Cup Holders Up Front (?)

Suggested Improvements

Interior......so plain, but it works. Especially the Bluetooth (Allstar Package)

LT with 5.3 6 Speed Transmission
By bassin_rod

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Silverado is a great truck. I had a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 V8 before the Silverado. I admit I trade a lot, and had planned to keep the F150, but there were things happening with the F150 that made me think it was going to have issues in the long run. Thinking about 60k+ miles worried me. When I started looking at a new Truck I looked at the F150, Ram, and the Silverado. The Silverado seems to be a more rounded package for me. For less money I got a lot more truck (The All Star Package) Chevy also had some rebates with the rewards card and 0% financing. The trucks bluetooth seems to work better than the Sync found in Ford

Favorite Features

I like the look of the Silverado OnStar - The remote start is really nice Ride Backup Camera/parking sensors Power Overall Comfort

Suggested Improvements

I would love for it to have the Auto up windows. When talking on the bluetooth the clock disappears which is annoying

Good Truck
By bweb

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the truck about 8 months.

Favorite Features

Comfort, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Crew cab needs air vents in back seat

Silverado
By ottoscho

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

the 2011 chevy Silverado crew cab is a must have Truck . the ride is very smooth for a full size Truck

Favorite Features

Love the leg room dual heat Spaces storeage

Suggested Improvements

diffenatle need heated cloth seats

Great Value
By bl54

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased primarily as a tow vehicle. Considered all of the full size trucks and decided on Silverado based on incentives and maturity of design. Liked the look of the GMC a little better but got the best deal on the Chevy. No issues in 8 months, everything functions as it should. Surprisingly quiet for a truck. All Star package gave me everything I needed (5.3 V-8 & tow package) at a substantial discount.

Favorite Features

Tow package, have towed about 3,000 miles and never a problem accelerating into traffic or maintaining speed on hills. Six speed transmission and variable cylinder management helps with fuel economy. USB port for music.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to be able to disable automatic door locks (maybe I just haven't figured them out).