2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Sort Reviews by

Not fun to drive!
By wassell

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck that rides n feels like a Cadillac and tows like a champ(nothing more) buy a silverado. I've had my truck for a year and love it for road trips and towing. Aside from that...yawn. If you want a truck that will JUMP when you hit the gas, get sideways on demand, and still tow when needed buy a Nissan! Sincerely, sad silverado owner

Favorite Features

Overall looks and design

Suggested Improvements

Lose the computer limitations!

2011 Chevy with 6.2
By ddt84

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

have had this truck over a year now. Love it, has 11500 miles on it. I seem to be the only one that does a review on it to have the bigger 6.2 V8 insted of the smaller 5.3 v8.(had two 5.3 before not that great of a motor, no power). Let me tell you it does not get good gas mileage. 13 in city and 16.5 on highway. I knew this when i got it. The ride is great and the BOSE stereo sounds great. have pull 4 ATVs and all the camping stuff that weighed about 8000 lbs. still passed other trucks like they were standing still and still had more power left. 403 HP is all i have to say.

Favorite Features

the Blue tooth is great. love the remote start especialy this winter had two weeks of below Zero. 6.2 403 hp 412 lbft.

Suggested Improvements

MPG but it looks like the 2014 Silverado will help with that.

6 speed auto trans
By twinman

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Silverado - the 6 speed auto trans is a no-go ! Shift points are in the middle of right hand turn speed. Its a poor transmission, and jerky. You wont like the 6 speed auto...

Suggested Improvements

Fix the 6 speed auto trans... it is poor !

Great Value
By bl54

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased primarily as a tow vehicle. Considered all of the full size trucks and decided on Silverado based on incentives and maturity of design. Liked the look of the GMC a little better but got the best deal on the Chevy. No issues in 8 months, everything functions as it should. Surprisingly quiet for a truck. All Star package gave me everything I needed (5.3 V-8 & tow package) at a substantial discount.

Favorite Features

Tow package, have towed about 3,000 miles and never a problem accelerating into traffic or maintaining speed on hills. Six speed transmission and variable cylinder management helps with fuel economy. USB port for music.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to be able to disable automatic door locks (maybe I just haven't figured them out).

So far so good
By bsl64

I have the 6 speed tranny and have 3000 miles so far with no problems and no noise. I love the truck and received a killer deal on a dealer promo. My only complaint was with the onstar remote access app. I can unlock and lock the doors. But every time I try the remote start it tells me the keys cant be in the truck. The problem is every time ive tried it the keys were NOT in the truck 3 calls to onstar has not solved the problem. Other then that one thing I have never owned a nicer vehicle. Love the all star package and the blue tooth calls are far better then the ones I had before with a 1200 dollar after market head unit. I would like to see spray in bed liners standard. But great truck!!

Favorite Features

Blue tooth and leather seats are top of the line. The power is very nice. The jury is still out on the fuel economy until I take it on a long trip with lots of steady high way miles.

Best Chevy truck yet!
By mikmurphy

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I typically buy a new truck every 10 years; this 2011 replaced a 2000 Silverado. The new one sits taller, and is a bit bigger overall. It has more power, and feels more capable. First fill-up yielded 15.3 MPG, in a mix of city, highway, and ranch use. The LT truck has a long bed, Z71 package, 5.3 V8, 18" wheels, built-in trailering; in short just about everything I need to haul ranch stuff around. I did add the Ranch Hand replacement front end, lighted headache rack, and new tool box. It's ready to work, and ready to play.

Favorite Features

The electronic package is totally impressive. I comes with 6 months of Onstar, 3 months of XM/Sirius radio, has remote start on the key fob, back-up assistance (beeps more quickly the closer to get to something behind you), and remote system diagnostics. Part of the Onstar service includes a monthly check of the system, and an email sent with the results. Onstar will also email if there's something you need to tend to right away. You can also download an ap that works on the iPhone or Android phone that allows you to monitor the vehicle; and also remotely start/stop it, and lock/unlock the doors.

Suggested Improvements

All in all, for me this is a excellent truck for the money. I kept my 1991 for 9 years and 185K miles, the 2000 for 11 years and 175K miles, with luck this one will last me even longer.

My 2011 Silverado Extended Cab
By jayvas

I do love my truck but I have to warn everyone - don't be fooled by fuel economy on the sticker. Tried my best to get high MPG and most I've got so far is 16.1 MPG and this is a brand new 2011 truck. There also was some defect in the paint on the roof but the dealer fixed that right away. I really do love the truck but I hate the fuel economy since I expected more and I need to get a storage box for the bed since there is very little room under the back seat. I have the Allstar and the Z71 packages and wouldn't get the truck without those options. Motor has a lot of power. Truck drives smooth and quiet (with windows closed). I have the 6.6 foot bed but it didn't show up in options.

Favorite Features

I can't believe how smooth it rides and how quiet it is. I love the radio controls on the steering wheel and the USB port for the IPod. I had to keep the on-star and XM service - once you get used to it, it's hard to let go. The hands free phone is also excellent - very clear on both ends. I love the acceleration when it's needed - very powerful. Everyone compliments the color - dark blue metallic. The easy lift tailgate is nice and my truck came with 20" aluminum rims which I love!

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice to have a little more storage somewhere in the truck - I need to keep some small electrical parts and steel-toe boots, hard hat, gloves, galsses in truck and they don't quite fit under the seat. I like to keep jumper cables and ice scraoer/brush in the truck but everything can't fit under seat so it gets in the way or stepped on. Also, the USB port should have been located in the center console or glove compartment since the IPod barley fits in small space in dash and is left in plain site.

Very Happy
By jvelderman

Just picked up my 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Extended Cab Z-71. It's got the 5.3 Vortec engine in it and it is incredible. The truck has more power than I know what to do with, and is incredibly responsive in every way. Steering is tight, brakes are firm and react the way I expect them to, and the suspension is not mushy at all. The interior is comfy, but the dashboard seems kind of cheap to me. I suppose the LTZ is probably a little nicer. I got the All-Star package on mine, so it has the dual zone climate control, and the push-button 4x4 along with several other amenities.

Favorite Features

*Bluetooth Connectivity *5.3 V8 *Z71 Suspension *Extended cab power Windows *EZ Lift tailgate *Dual Zone Climate Control *Power Seat Overall, I am very impressed with this truck for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been nice to have the active fuel management on this truck. I am averaging about 13mpg with it right now, and about 20 on the highway. I drive a lot of highway - so shutting down 4 cylinders would be nice. This truck would sell like hot cakes if it was getting 30mpg.