2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Not fun to drive!
By wassell on 04/05/14 19:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck that rides n feels like a Cadillac and tows like a champ(nothing more) buy a silverado. I've had my truck for a year and love it for road trips and towing. Aside from that...yawn. If you want a truck that will JUMP when you hit the gas, get sideways on demand, and still tow when needed buy a Nissan! Sincerely, sad silverado owner

2011 Chevy with 6.2
By ddt84 on 02/03/13 15:34 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

have had this truck over a year now. Love it, has 11500 miles on it. I seem to be the only one that does a review on it to have the bigger 6.2 V8 insted of the smaller 5.3 v8.(had two 5.3 before not that great of a motor, no power). Let me tell you it does not get good gas mileage. 13 in city and 16.5 on highway. I knew this when i got it. The ride is great and the BOSE stereo sounds great. have pull 4 ATVs and all the camping stuff that weighed about 8000 lbs. still passed other trucks like they were standing still and still had more power left. 403 HP is all i have to say.

6 speed auto trans
By twinman on 08/21/12 19:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Silverado - the 6 speed auto trans is a no-go ! Shift points are in the middle of right hand turn speed. Its a poor transmission, and jerky. You wont like the 6 speed auto...

Great Value
By bl54 on 10/29/11 04:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased primarily as a tow vehicle. Considered all of the full size trucks and decided on Silverado based on incentives and maturity of design. Liked the look of the GMC a little better but got the best deal on the Chevy. No issues in 8 months, everything functions as it should. Surprisingly quiet for a truck. All Star package gave me everything I needed (5.3 V-8 & tow package) at a substantial discount.

So far so good
By bsl64 on 09/29/11 04:42 AM (PDT)

I have the 6 speed tranny and have 3000 miles so far with no problems and no noise. I love the truck and received a killer deal on a dealer promo. My only complaint was with the onstar remote access app. I can unlock and lock the doors. But every time I try the remote start it tells me the keys cant be in the truck. The problem is every time ive tried it the keys were NOT in the truck 3 calls to onstar has not solved the problem. Other then that one thing I have never owned a nicer vehicle. Love the all star package and the blue tooth calls are far better then the ones I had before with a 1200 dollar after market head unit. I would like to see spray in bed liners standard. But great truck!!

Best Chevy truck yet!
By mikmurphy on 09/09/11 12:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I typically buy a new truck every 10 years; this 2011 replaced a 2000 Silverado. The new one sits taller, and is a bit bigger overall. It has more power, and feels more capable. First fill-up yielded 15.3 MPG, in a mix of city, highway, and ranch use. The LT truck has a long bed, Z71 package, 5.3 V8, 18" wheels, built-in trailering; in short just about everything I need to haul ranch stuff around. I did add the Ranch Hand replacement front end, lighted headache rack, and new tool box. It's ready to work, and ready to play.

My 2011 Silverado Extended Cab
By jayvas on 04/20/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

I do love my truck but I have to warn everyone - don't be fooled by fuel economy on the sticker. Tried my best to get high MPG and most I've got so far is 16.1 MPG and this is a brand new 2011 truck. There also was some defect in the paint on the roof but the dealer fixed that right away. I really do love the truck but I hate the fuel economy since I expected more and I need to get a storage box for the bed since there is very little room under the back seat. I have the Allstar and the Z71 packages and wouldn't get the truck without those options. Motor has a lot of power. Truck drives smooth and quiet (with windows closed). I have the 6.6 foot bed but it didn't show up in options.

Very Happy
By jvelderman on 12/14/10 14:15 PM (PST)

Just picked up my 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Extended Cab Z-71. It's got the 5.3 Vortec engine in it and it is incredible. The truck has more power than I know what to do with, and is incredibly responsive in every way. Steering is tight, brakes are firm and react the way I expect them to, and the suspension is not mushy at all. The interior is comfy, but the dashboard seems kind of cheap to me. I suppose the LTZ is probably a little nicer. I got the All-Star package on mine, so it has the dual zone climate control, and the push-button 4x4 along with several other amenities.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended-cab in VA is:

$127 per month*