Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I hate my 2011 silverado
By duffy74

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had noting but disappointments from my 2011 silverado i purchased new. From the bed rails that dent from falling acorns to brakes that overheat when the truck is empty, simply exiting the freeway???? you cant pump gas into it because they changed the down angle but no gas stations around me are updated. the traction control button stopped working at 39,000 miles, so I took it appart and found it was super glued together from the factory or dealer I dont know which but definitely cracked/broken plastic bits obviously glued back together???? (are you kidding me??? no I am not) when I asked costumer service they have nothing.

NICE TRUCK!`
By kevinbgy

I enjoy the ride quality as well as the glances that I get when cruising through town. The exterior design has to be the best out of all the trucks that I compared it to. The interior needs some work, it is plain and boring not enough thought and time has gone into the design and layout. I live 12 miles from the nearest town and I travel daily on the interstate and this appears to be affecting the brakes on my truck significantly! The vehicle is brand new only 3 months old and has about 7000 miles on it and I have had to have the ceramic disk brakes replaced TWICE on it. I will admit that sometimes I tend to have a heavy foot and really push the vehicle but this is not often.

I would have to say the hands free bluetooth system that I use all the time. The USB drive that I connect my iPod to is brilliant. The remote start feature that I have used everyday this winter. The seats are considerable alot more comfortable then I expected as well, as the ride quality. Lastly, the OnStar mobile app that I have on my iphone is the best feature of all; I can start, lock, unlock and receive important info. all from my iphone.

Some improvements that the vehicle needs would be firstly, fit the vehicle with brakes that can handle the weight and day to day use on the interstate. Lastly, to spend more time on the layout and design of the interior.

Excellent truck
By ldeverel

I do not have the LTZ, I have an LT Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 L and 6-speed tranny (3.08 rear end). I have had the truck just under two months and have 6200 miles on it and am very pleased so far. All of these miles have come with a 900-1000# payload in the back (permanent vet box) and the truck gets 15.5-16 mpg with this setup (I do not drive very conservatively). The truck will downshift into 5th and 4th on steep grades. With the z71 suspension and the 1000# payload, I have not had to add any suspension reinforcement. The rear end sits down a bit, but not even to level, let alone noticeably squatting. Towing heavy trailers with the payload does cause trailer sway, but I don't tow much.

6-speed transmission, mileage, bluetooth phone (I never thought I would use, but now I use for every phone call I make in the truck, which is a lot), remote start (which I never thought I would use, but have used every day this winter). 60/40 rear seat split is great for people who want more storage. I can leave a carseat base strapped into the small half and fold up the rest for huge amounts of relatively flat floor storage. The cabin is very quiet. Using the automatic 4WD along with Stabilitrac gives you tons of control and confidence in mud/ice/snow conditions. Lots of airbags. And it looks great!

It would be nice if Chevy offered a half-ton crew cab with a standard bed, but I don't see them adding another truck frame to their half-ton lineup. Turning radius isn't the greatest, but it's a truck, what do you expect. I hate automatic locking doors, because I know at some point I am going to lock my keys in. There's really not too much to criticize.