2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 5.3L V8 FFV 6-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

LTZ Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 6-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Impressive Truck
By kovich14 on 10/22/13 07:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Silverado and it exceeds all of my expectations. The ride and handling is far superior to the mid-size pickup I traded in on it. The interior is comfortable and very roomy- I can fit six adults easily. Power with the 5.3L and 6 speed is plentiful and makes this truck fun to drive. It gets identical fuel mileage to my former mid-size too. The frequent shifting of the 6 speed took some getting used to but the shifts are mostly unnoticeable and power is always on tap. The autotrac 4wd is fantastic in the snow. Overall I'm very impressed with the truck.

don't buy the 6 speed transmission!
By el_hoppy on 12/19/10 17:49 PM (PST)

love the looks and ride but the 6 speed "learning" transmission is crap. it jerks and makes noise during low speed gear changes. GM says its "normal" and will not repair.