Used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Not Happy at all!
By bigal357

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is not what I thought it was! I bought it new in Texas and the gas mileage has been the worst since I had it. It burns a lot on the highway and it does not pull my little 5x8 trailer well at all. I can almost see the gas gauge move on the highway. Oh, but don't let me turn the AC on, it's really a problem then. It does not have any pick up or passing speed at all. When I press the accelerator, it barely moves until I press down hard, then it opens up like the pedal is stuck. Someone said that the AFM could be the problem, but guess what...the warranty is expired! Also, the seat is not adjustable to go up and down. I do need a truck but this one is a problem. Any suggestions?

Suggested Improvements

1.Improve the gas mileage so that people what get stuck with a gas guzzler! 2.Make the seats adjustable to go up and down. 3. Acceleration is poor!

Impressive Truck
By kovich14

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Silverado and it exceeds all of my expectations. The ride and handling is far superior to the mid-size pickup I traded in on it. The interior is comfortable and very roomy- I can fit six adults easily. Power with the 5.3L and 6 speed is plentiful and makes this truck fun to drive. It gets identical fuel mileage to my former mid-size too. The frequent shifting of the 6 speed took some getting used to but the shifts are mostly unnoticeable and power is always on tap. The autotrac 4wd is fantastic in the snow. Overall I'm very impressed with the truck.

Favorite Features

Torquey 5.3L V8, 6 Speed Transmission, Superb Ride Quality and Handling, Comfortable Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Some transmissions shifts could be a bit smoother.

I hate my 2011 silverado
By duffy74

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had noting but disappointments from my 2011 silverado i purchased new. From the bed rails that dent from falling acorns to brakes that overheat when the truck is empty, simply exiting the freeway???? you cant pump gas into it because they changed the down angle but no gas stations around me are updated. the traction control button stopped working at 39,000 miles, so I took it appart and found it was super glued together from the factory or dealer I dont know which but definitely cracked/broken plastic bits obviously glued back together???? (are you kidding me??? no I am not) when I asked costumer service they have nothing.

In 2011, Best Bang For Buck, 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab 5.3L
By ntgill07

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I put a good 10,000 miles on it while in Alabama and it performed well. The real test was to come - I had it shipped to Alaska, upon moving, and have put 6,000 Alaska miles on it since being up here during one of the worst winters in history. I have to say, this truck performed flawlessly. Although, per the dealership here, it is suggested to not use AUTO 4x4 as it will eventually ruin the 4x4 - Just keep it in 4 High in inclement conditions. Ice, Snow, Mud, Slush, not a problem for the Silverado. Ya, the interior sucks compared to Ford, but I dont care to much. Love the huge center console/elbow rest. Gas mileage in AL and AK have been consistent at 15.4 on cruise, all HWY miles.

Favorite Features

Exterior, Performance, 7 Cup Holders Up Front (?)

Suggested Improvements

Interior......so plain, but it works. Especially the Bluetooth (Allstar Package)

LT with 5.3 6 Speed Transmission
By bassin_rod

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Silverado is a great truck. I had a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 V8 before the Silverado. I admit I trade a lot, and had planned to keep the F150, but there were things happening with the F150 that made me think it was going to have issues in the long run. Thinking about 60k+ miles worried me. When I started looking at a new Truck I looked at the F150, Ram, and the Silverado. The Silverado seems to be a more rounded package for me. For less money I got a lot more truck (The All Star Package) Chevy also had some rebates with the rewards card and 0% financing. The trucks bluetooth seems to work better than the Sync found in Ford

Favorite Features

I like the look of the Silverado OnStar - The remote start is really nice Ride Backup Camera/parking sensors Power Overall Comfort

Suggested Improvements

I would love for it to have the Auto up windows. When talking on the bluetooth the clock disappears which is annoying