2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Impressive Truck
By kovich14 on 10/22/13 07:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Silverado and it exceeds all of my expectations. The ride and handling is far superior to the mid-size pickup I traded in on it. The interior is comfortable and very roomy- I can fit six adults easily. Power with the 5.3L and 6 speed is plentiful and makes this truck fun to drive. It gets identical fuel mileage to my former mid-size too. The frequent shifting of the 6 speed took some getting used to but the shifts are mostly unnoticeable and power is always on tap. The autotrac 4wd is fantastic in the snow. Overall I'm very impressed with the truck.

I hate my 2011 silverado
By duffy74 on 02/26/13 12:53 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had noting but disappointments from my 2011 silverado i purchased new. From the bed rails that dent from falling acorns to brakes that overheat when the truck is empty, simply exiting the freeway???? you cant pump gas into it because they changed the down angle but no gas stations around me are updated. the traction control button stopped working at 39,000 miles, so I took it appart and found it was super glued together from the factory or dealer I dont know which but definitely cracked/broken plastic bits obviously glued back together???? (are you kidding me??? no I am not) when I asked costumer service they have nothing.

In 2011, Best Bang For Buck, 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab 5.3L
By ntgill07 on 04/02/12 01:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I put a good 10,000 miles on it while in Alabama and it performed well. The real test was to come - I had it shipped to Alaska, upon moving, and have put 6,000 Alaska miles on it since being up here during one of the worst winters in history. I have to say, this truck performed flawlessly. Although, per the dealership here, it is suggested to not use AUTO 4x4 as it will eventually ruin the 4x4 - Just keep it in 4 High in inclement conditions. Ice, Snow, Mud, Slush, not a problem for the Silverado. Ya, the interior sucks compared to Ford, but I dont care to much. Love the huge center console/elbow rest. Gas mileage in AL and AK have been consistent at 15.4 on cruise, all HWY miles.

LT with 5.3 6 Speed Transmission
By bassin_rod on 01/13/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Silverado is a great truck. I had a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 V8 before the Silverado. I admit I trade a lot, and had planned to keep the F150, but there were things happening with the F150 that made me think it was going to have issues in the long run. Thinking about 60k+ miles worried me. When I started looking at a new Truck I looked at the F150, Ram, and the Silverado. The Silverado seems to be a more rounded package for me. For less money I got a lot more truck (The All Star Package) Chevy also had some rebates with the rewards card and 0% financing. The trucks bluetooth seems to work better than the Sync found in Ford

Good Truck
By bweb on 01/06/12 09:03 AM (PST)

Have had the truck about 8 months.

Silverado
By ottoscho on 12/13/11 07:51 AM (PST)

the 2011 chevy Silverado crew cab is a must have Truck . the ride is very smooth for a full size Truck

Excellent Choice
By john178 on 09/28/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

Have had truck for 5 months. First truck I have owned but won't be my last as this truck is everything and more than I expected. The ride/comfort is equal to luxury cars I have owned and currently own. The best MPG I have been able to attain is just shy of 20 going 72 MPH for long stretches- but I'm not complaining; I didn't buy the truck for MPG reasons.

2011 chevy silverado LT 4x4 5.3L
By walker9736 on 07/03/11 11:19 AM (PDT)

I have had this truck for a month now and have about 1100 miles on it. No problems so far. Getting 15.9mpg average and most is city driving. Great power, great looking, and great fit and finish sold me. I keep my vehicles about 10yrs and after the last silverado I owned(2002) turned 132000 miles(trouble free) I decided to trade up to the crew cab with all-star package. This truck is a huge step up in performance and features. Especially like the bluetooth feature and the updated interior quality. You really can't go wrong as these trucks hold their value and are very capable vehicles.

NICE TRUCK!`
By kevinbgy on 03/02/11 23:10 PM (PST)

I enjoy the ride quality as well as the glances that I get when cruising through town. The exterior design has to be the best out of all the trucks that I compared it to. The interior needs some work, it is plain and boring not enough thought and time has gone into the design and layout. I live 12 miles from the nearest town and I travel daily on the interstate and this appears to be affecting the brakes on my truck significantly! The vehicle is brand new only 3 months old and has about 7000 miles on it and I have had to have the ceramic disk brakes replaced TWICE on it. I will admit that sometimes I tend to have a heavy foot and really push the vehicle but this is not often.

Excellent truck
By ldeverel on 12/23/10 07:55 AM (PST)

I do not have the LTZ, I have an LT Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 L and 6-speed tranny (3.08 rear end). I have had the truck just under two months and have 6200 miles on it and am very pleased so far. All of these miles have come with a 900-1000# payload in the back (permanent vet box) and the truck gets 15.5-16 mpg with this setup (I do not drive very conservatively). The truck will downshift into 5th and 4th on steep grades. With the z71 suspension and the 1000# payload, I have not had to add any suspension reinforcement. The rear end sits down a bit, but not even to level, let alone noticeably squatting. Towing heavy trailers with the payload does cause trailer sway, but I don't tow much.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$126 per month*