2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
LT with 5.3 6 Speed Transmission
By bassin_rod on 01/13/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Silverado is a great truck. I had a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 V8 before the Silverado. I admit I trade a lot, and had planned to keep the F150, but there were things happening with the F150 that made me think it was going to have issues in the long run. Thinking about 60k+ miles worried me. When I started looking at a new Truck I looked at the F150, Ram, and the Silverado. The Silverado seems to be a more rounded package for me. For less money I got a lot more truck (The All Star Package) Chevy also had some rebates with the rewards card and 0% financing. The trucks bluetooth seems to work better than the Sync found in Ford

Good Truck
By bweb on 01/06/12 09:03 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the truck about 8 months.

Excellent Choice
By john178 on 09/28/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had truck for 5 months. First truck I have owned but won't be my last as this truck is everything and more than I expected. The ride/comfort is equal to luxury cars I have owned and currently own. The best MPG I have been able to attain is just shy of 20 going 72 MPH for long stretches- but I'm not complaining; I didn't buy the truck for MPG reasons.

2011 chevy silverado LT 4x4 5.3L
By walker9736 on 07/03/11 11:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for a month now and have about 1100 miles on it. No problems so far. Getting 15.9mpg average and most is city driving. Great power, great looking, and great fit and finish sold me. I keep my vehicles about 10yrs and after the last silverado I owned(2002) turned 132000 miles(trouble free) I decided to trade up to the crew cab with all-star package. This truck is a huge step up in performance and features. Especially like the bluetooth feature and the updated interior quality. You really can't go wrong as these trucks hold their value and are very capable vehicles.

Don't buy the 6 speed transmission!
By el_hoppy on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

At less then 100 miles on a new 2011 the transmission developed a noise and it jolts during low speed shifts. taken back to the twice and service manager says nothing can be done to fix it. $36K plus tax, owned for less than 2 months, and only 1K miles on it and I hate driving my new truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$126 per month*