2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Not fun to drive!
By wassell on 04/05/14 19:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a truck that rides n feels like a Cadillac and tows like a champ(nothing more) buy a silverado. I've had my truck for a year and love it for road trips and towing. Aside from that...yawn. If you want a truck that will JUMP when you hit the gas, get sideways on demand, and still tow when needed buy a Nissan! Sincerely, sad silverado owner

Impressive Truck
By kovich14 on 10/22/13 07:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Silverado and it exceeds all of my expectations. The ride and handling is far superior to the mid-size pickup I traded in on it. The interior is comfortable and very roomy- I can fit six adults easily. Power with the 5.3L and 6 speed is plentiful and makes this truck fun to drive. It gets identical fuel mileage to my former mid-size too. The frequent shifting of the 6 speed took some getting used to but the shifts are mostly unnoticeable and power is always on tap. The autotrac 4wd is fantastic in the snow. Overall I'm very impressed with the truck.

I hate my 2011 silverado
By duffy74 on 02/26/13 12:53 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had noting but disappointments from my 2011 silverado i purchased new. From the bed rails that dent from falling acorns to brakes that overheat when the truck is empty, simply exiting the freeway???? you cant pump gas into it because they changed the down angle but no gas stations around me are updated. the traction control button stopped working at 39,000 miles, so I took it appart and found it was super glued together from the factory or dealer I dont know which but definitely cracked/broken plastic bits obviously glued back together???? (are you kidding me??? no I am not) when I asked costumer service they have nothing.

2011 Chevy with 6.2
By ddt84 on 02/03/13 15:34 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

have had this truck over a year now. Love it, has 11500 miles on it. I seem to be the only one that does a review on it to have the bigger 6.2 V8 insted of the smaller 5.3 v8.(had two 5.3 before not that great of a motor, no power). Let me tell you it does not get good gas mileage. 13 in city and 16.5 on highway. I knew this when i got it. The ride is great and the BOSE stereo sounds great. have pull 4 ATVs and all the camping stuff that weighed about 8000 lbs. still passed other trucks like they were standing still and still had more power left. 403 HP is all i have to say.

6 speed auto trans
By twinman on 08/21/12 19:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2012 Silverado - the 6 speed auto trans is a no-go ! Shift points are in the middle of right hand turn speed. Its a poor transmission, and jerky. You wont like the 6 speed auto...

In 2011, Best Bang For Buck, 2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab 5.3L
By ntgill07 on 04/02/12 01:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I put a good 10,000 miles on it while in Alabama and it performed well. The real test was to come - I had it shipped to Alaska, upon moving, and have put 6,000 Alaska miles on it since being up here during one of the worst winters in history. I have to say, this truck performed flawlessly. Although, per the dealership here, it is suggested to not use AUTO 4x4 as it will eventually ruin the 4x4 - Just keep it in 4 High in inclement conditions. Ice, Snow, Mud, Slush, not a problem for the Silverado. Ya, the interior sucks compared to Ford, but I dont care to much. Love the huge center console/elbow rest. Gas mileage in AL and AK have been consistent at 15.4 on cruise, all HWY miles.

LT with 5.3 6 Speed Transmission
By bassin_rod on 01/13/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Silverado is a great truck. I had a 2010 F150 with the 5.4 V8 before the Silverado. I admit I trade a lot, and had planned to keep the F150, but there were things happening with the F150 that made me think it was going to have issues in the long run. Thinking about 60k+ miles worried me. When I started looking at a new Truck I looked at the F150, Ram, and the Silverado. The Silverado seems to be a more rounded package for me. For less money I got a lot more truck (The All Star Package) Chevy also had some rebates with the rewards card and 0% financing. The trucks bluetooth seems to work better than the Sync found in Ford

Good Truck
By bweb on 01/06/12 09:03 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the truck about 8 months.

Silverado
By ottoscho on 12/13/11 07:51 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

the 2011 chevy Silverado crew cab is a must have Truck . the ride is very smooth for a full size Truck

Great Value
By bl54 on 10/29/11 04:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased primarily as a tow vehicle. Considered all of the full size trucks and decided on Silverado based on incentives and maturity of design. Liked the look of the GMC a little better but got the best deal on the Chevy. No issues in 8 months, everything functions as it should. Surprisingly quiet for a truck. All Star package gave me everything I needed (5.3 V-8 & tow package) at a substantial discount.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$112 per month*