Poor Quality
By davir on
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
Just purchased my new Silverado and the 1st time on the highway it sounded like the rear passenger door was partially open. The door was closed, but lots of road noise can be heard inside the cab. Took the vehicle back to the dealership and was told "all trucks sound like that" and there is nothing GM can do about it. Dealer did agree that my truck had the loudest interior noise he had ever heard. The 1st time I drove down a country road a squeak developed in the dash and the rear bumper license plate light fell out of its holder. This vehicle has 3000 miles (99% highway miles) and is only 2 months old. If GM had a 60 day return policy, I would take it back tomorrow & pay for the mileage used.
Favorite Features
The 4.8l motor has lots of power (300hp) and the traction control is a nice feature on icy highways. The ride is smooth.
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to pay more attention to quality control. I know the LS is more of a work truck version, but it is unacceptable for a new vehicle that was not cheap to purchase, to be built so poorly.