2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Maybe a little too fancy

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Maybe a little too fancy
By Desertguy on

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Nice truck, looks like a luxury car inside & rides like one too. Smooth shifting transmission & powerful 5.3 L V8. The only prob I have is at night the headlights will dim for a split sec then come back up(I'm taking it in to have them check this) & the volt gauge will drop when sitting at a stop light with the A/C on, annoying but normal according to the owners manual. The truck has an Electric Power Management system that can reduce the power demands of some accessories when needed. The A/C kicks on & the interior lights dim! My F250 never did these things to me, but it never gave me the mileage this Chevy does. A really nice, smooth, & powerful truck (if you don't mind a dipping volt gauge)

Good looks, 2 tone interior is sweet, awesome mileage, comfortable seats, quiet cab & very roomy.

Please Chevy, drop the power management system & install a stronger alternator. My wife might not notice the dips in voltage, but I do! Very annoying!