2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Love My Silverado

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Work Truck Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Love My Silverado
By history2 on

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 WT. Bought it with the 4.3 V6, black with black interior, power windows/locks/mirrors/cruise and keyless entry. It's a regular cab tho with not a lot of space behind the seat. It starts up and runs every morning. I've had it since 9miles and now I'm up to 9,000. No problems. Check the oil every 3k. It's quiet on the highway, pulling less than 2,000 rpms at 70 mph. It gets about 16 in town. That could be better but the truck does weigh over 2 tons. Great visibility at night. I wanted a reliable truck that could take me past 200k miles and I'm on my way. I wanted the 4.3 V6. I had that motor before in another vehicle and i like it. Great Truck.

My truck is a WT model with the LS appearance package. It has cruise and keyless entry. And carpeting. Not items you normally find in a V6 work truck. The V6 sits pretty under the hood, lots of space to get at the plugs, and change the belt. Inside, the console flips up to get a 3rd person in and there is a seat belt and baby seat latch. 6 cupholders and a good amount of cubby holders.

Perhaps the "behind the seat" area could be expanded. But it is a regular cab. The ride can be jarring over rough payment, but i think a set of bilstein shocks would improve that. The owners manual really does not fit in either glove box, but in this day and age GM should have it online.