2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Amazing Truck
By Abel on 06/24/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best truck to buy. If you are looking for a big truck comfort and looks don't look anywhere else this is what you need. I bought mine with a z71 4x4 package and there is nothing I can complain about. I have got everything I wanted and of course the mpg is amazing for this big truck

V6 Truck, no way.
By Mark on 06/05/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

V6 and 4 speed auto are a very good match up and smooth performance. Towing up 6500 pounds is smooth and straight. This work truck platform is matched very well with the V6 and is a quick and responsive drive on the expressway. Granted it is not as quick as a V8, it does cruise easily at 75 to 80 on the E-way with no issues. Cruise control is an appreciated option on those 400 mile trips from Detroit to Illinois. This is an excellent basic truck, just what I prefer. Chrome package adds to the clean style and lines.

Great Buy for a HD 1/2 ton
By hands on 05/27/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Got this WT with the towing pkg for hauling horses. It has plenty of power and rides smooth. The $6,000 rebate brought the price down to $26,800 which was a steal. For the money it's the best truck you can buy.

Very Happy With Price
By ThemBones24 on 05/15/10 21:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4 x 4. For $26,500 I was happy with the price. I was considering the Ford 150 and Tundra. But, it seemed Chevy was the most aggressive with a bargaining price. All the truck reviews seemed to favor the Silverado in some form so I figured what the heck, support the American economy. I didn't feel like paying $4 - 5K more for the LT model so I'm willing to live with the slightly lower 13 to 18 mpg. Looks like I'm getting around 425 miles on a 26 gallon fuel-up.

Purchased april 4 2010, intial review
By JeffD on 04/23/10 13:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a Silverado LT ext cab, 5.3 L v8, 6 sp auto. interior plus, ext plus, Texas edition package. Interior color is a ivory off white kinda of color. With the dash being black it gives it a two tone effect that I like. The 5.3l engine with the tow package allows me to tow any thing i would want. Once I am on the highway and cruising the engine mgt takes over and it gets any where from 24-30 mpg. There is no engine lurch or noise when this happens, Only way you know is via the info display. Even at hwy speeds the interior is fairly quite. I look forward to my first long trip. Chevy has a great truck here. With 5k in down payment assitance, GM financing beat my Cu rate.

Great Initial Ownership Experience
By Shrike on 04/22/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great handling, comfortable seating, good fit-and-finish. Fuel economy is average, but engine/transmission performance is excellent, ride comfort is very good (even with no load). Positioning of controls is perfect. Got this vehicle to replace my 2005 Lacrosse CXL (used for clients - an excellent car) and my Ford F-150 work truck. Excellent compromise between the two vehicles.

Wow
By PT on 02/05/10 12:39 PM (PST)

You owe it to yourself and your country to test drive this truck. It drives better than many cars with the obvious utility of a 1/2 ton full sized pickup. Technology which is second to none. 5.3 liter is powerful and fuel efficient if you can keep your foot out of it but after 20 years with 4 cylinder Toyota's good luck with that. 6 speed auto with manual controls. Onstar works great. Bottom line is if you want a vehicle that feels like a luxury car but can tow and haul all day long without tiring, you need to buy this truck. Oh yeah, you'll get alot of compliments on its understated good looks.

Like a Rock!
By ed blackwell on 01/26/10 14:55 PM (PST)

This truck is intelligent. It has the 5.3 trailering pkg LT1. it gets better gas mileage than my 96 4.3 V6, and has 115 more horsepower. It also has a back seat ext cab. It rides better than my 97 Cadillac Eldorado. We least traded the 96 truck in, and now plan to sell the Caddy, because the truck, made both the old truck, and Eldorado obsolete. I test a 07 crew cab in 2007 with four speed. What we like is the combination of features on the powertrain, six speed, Variable valve timing, active fuel management, and regular gas, and flex fuel option. My wife loved Mercedes,but she could hardly believe the technology in this truck. After the test drive she was ready to buy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended-cab in VA is:

$122 per month*