Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

More con than pro
By SGT509

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The 1500 is made to drive down the highway empty not use for anything. The 6 speed auto trans downshifts on every little hill. My gas mileage is poor. Three tanks of gas and I have gotten 14.8, 15.1 and 15.8. No wonder they took out the standard gas mileage calculator. GM puts in an odd size spare tire. You can't add accessories to the 1500 like extra battery, plow, etc. It has soft paint that easily scratches. It has a small turn knob to put it in 4WD. Poor color choices. Lots of XM dead spots. Even my Z-71 package has very little ground clearance because of the plastic scoop below the front bumper.

Rides smooth and quiet. For the first time ever, I can actually hear the words to the music on the radio.

Make a camper package so you can charge a second battery. Put a spare under that matches the tires on the truck. Have more color choices. What ever happened to the good looking 2 tone Cheyenne colors?

Gas hog
By joe

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven chevy/gmc cars and trucks for 30 years and have obviously been pleased with their products because I have purchased many new products from them. This 2010 truck is an extended cab, LTZ,5.3 v8,3.08 rear. EPA estimates 21 highway and 15 city. Also,it has a six speed transmission. I drive 25,000 to 30,000 miles annually and keep accurate records of my gas mileage. This truck gets 16.3 miles per gallon with 85% highway miles and 15% city miles basically going the speed limit. I still have a 2003 Chevy extended cab,4 speed trans,5.3 liter engine, 246,000 miles on the truck. I get 18 mpg on this truck driving the same way as I drive the 2010.

The truck drives and handles well.

Be honest with your customers.Your salesmen run around telling customers that this truck gets 20 to 23 mpg. Your service departments say they have only had a few complaints on mpg. I do not believe either. Last gmc/chevy product my family will buy.

Pleasantly surprised
By Big G

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have to admit I wasn't looking for a truck when I got to the lot, i was looking for an SUV. But once i saw the Silverado with the upgraded chrome wheels and appearance package I had to take a look. Once I drove it I was sold. I constantly get compliments on my truck and it consistently surprises me on how refined and smooth it is on the road. I have had ZERO quality issues and get over 19 mpg on the highway with my heavy foot. Dealer treats me like they want my business too. Get the upgraded 5.3 engine and the 6 speed transmission. It makes a HUGE difference.

Bluetooth, Onstar nav, with the chrome package works like a truck but looks good enough to valet park, height and driving position are awesome.

weird option packages, I couldn't find one that had bluetooth AND homelink in the same vehicle

Bad bumpers on back
By mike

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The bumper on back of this truck is plastic in the middle went to plug my camper lights in and it bent down so far my plug hit the bottom part of the bumper this is not built like a rock this is a truck needs a good bumper on back.

GM needs to put a good bumper on this truck this is a truck not a car! Plastic is not a bumper for trucks.

Silverado
By donotbuychevy

My 2010 Silverado suffers from very poor build quality. The bumper does not fit, and the manager of the dealership told me that was a common problem. They adjusted it and made it better, but he said that even ordering a new bumper would not fix the problem because of the poor design, and even poorer execution. There are a couple of dents that are from the inside out that could only have happened when the truck was built. The transmission is slow to downshift at lower speeds, an attempt to get better mileage by staying in a higher gear? I have 2400 miles on this truck and am in the process of trading for a Tundra. Obama should have done us all a favor and let GM go out of business.