Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great light duty pickup
By bacilluscereus

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 years and 22,000 miles, no real complaints. Dealer replaced Chevy bowtie logo on tailgate twice under warranty due to cosmetic flaking, and recently re-programmed the setting on the defroster to eliminate an interior cabin fogging issue, but all else is mechanically perfect. Gas mileage on the 4.6L V-6 is not as good as I was hoping (only ~19mpg highway empty bed with no A/C running and 55mph speeds, & 14mpg city). Interior treatment is an expanse of bland gray plastic and the dash seems poorly designed in terms of storage, with 3 cubbies too small to be of any real use. However, these are relatively small issues. I like the truck overall very much and will keep it for yrs.

Favorite Features

*Exterior design very attractive *Good value -vs- other manufacturers *Good service and support from dealer

Suggested Improvements

*Fewer, larger storage cubbies in dash would be great *re-design interior manual door lock mechanism so that you simply pull up on door release lever and it automatically unlocks your door (so you don't have to pull up on the lock first before you open the door) *Consider using a more varied color palette on interior of base Silverado for more visual interest

Love My Silverado
By history2

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 WT. Bought it with the 4.3 V6, black with black interior, power windows/locks/mirrors/cruise and keyless entry. It's a regular cab tho with not a lot of space behind the seat. It starts up and runs every morning. I've had it since 9miles and now I'm up to 9,000. No problems. Check the oil every 3k. It's quiet on the highway, pulling less than 2,000 rpms at 70 mph. It gets about 16 in town. That could be better but the truck does weigh over 2 tons. Great visibility at night. I wanted a reliable truck that could take me past 200k miles and I'm on my way. I wanted the 4.3 V6. I had that motor before in another vehicle and i like it. Great Truck.

Favorite Features

My truck is a WT model with the LS appearance package. It has cruise and keyless entry. And carpeting. Not items you normally find in a V6 work truck. The V6 sits pretty under the hood, lots of space to get at the plugs, and change the belt. Inside, the console flips up to get a 3rd person in and there is a seat belt and baby seat latch. 6 cupholders and a good amount of cubby holders.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps the "behind the seat" area could be expanded. But it is a regular cab. The ride can be jarring over rough payment, but i think a set of bilstein shocks would improve that. The owners manual really does not fit in either glove box, but in this day and age GM should have it online.

New truck bad tranny
By burned again

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new 05-08-2010. Transmission is failing. Will not hold vehicle weight in rev or drive on an incline. Very dangerous situation pulling small boat and trailer. Actually will pull boat backward down ramp while in drive. Taking back to dealer Tuesday, June 01,2010. Still have temp tag on vehicle! A friend has a gmc on its 3rd tranny.

Suggested Improvements

make a tranny that will do something as silly as work correctly.