Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

poor mpg
By fjvargas

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My truck says the estimated mileage is 15 city / 21 hwy I drive normal and my mpg highway is 16 mpg and city 12 this has been my worst truck in fuel consumption, you can even see a dirty black tailpipe, dealer says, if it does not show codes it is fine it drives great and I like it except the mpg and no dic switch for a Lt I guess as not to scare us for the estimated mileage it was going to show honestly, if I had known of this poor mpg I would still be buying ford trucks, they always gave about 19 to 23 mpg my wife love it and at the same time hate it because it didn't came with running boards like all my other Fords other than that it is a great truck with poor mpg

remote vehicle starter

better gas mileage with a proper installed driver information center and running boards and not a misleading mpg EPA fuel economy estimate

Gas hog
By joe

I have driven chevy/gmc cars and trucks for 30 years and have obviously been pleased with their products because I have purchased many new products from them. This 2010 truck is an extended cab, LTZ,5.3 v8,3.08 rear. EPA estimates 21 highway and 15 city. Also,it has a six speed transmission. I drive 25,000 to 30,000 miles annually and keep accurate records of my gas mileage. This truck gets 16.3 miles per gallon with 85% highway miles and 15% city miles basically going the speed limit. I still have a 2003 Chevy extended cab,4 speed trans,5.3 liter engine, 246,000 miles on the truck. I get 18 mpg on this truck driving the same way as I drive the 2010.

The truck drives and handles well.

Be honest with your customers.Your salesmen run around telling customers that this truck gets 20 to 23 mpg. Your service departments say they have only had a few complaints on mpg. I do not believe either. Last gmc/chevy product my family will buy.

Silverado
By donotbuychevy

My 2010 Silverado suffers from very poor build quality. The bumper does not fit, and the manager of the dealership told me that was a common problem. They adjusted it and made it better, but he said that even ordering a new bumper would not fix the problem because of the poor design, and even poorer execution. There are a couple of dents that are from the inside out that could only have happened when the truck was built. The transmission is slow to downshift at lower speeds, an attempt to get better mileage by staying in a higher gear? I have 2400 miles on this truck and am in the process of trading for a Tundra. Obama should have done us all a favor and let GM go out of business.

Great Initial Ownership Experience
By Shrike

Great handling, comfortable seating, good fit-and-finish. Fuel economy is average, but engine/transmission performance is excellent, ride comfort is very good (even with no load). Positioning of controls is perfect. Got this vehicle to replace my 2005 Lacrosse CXL (used for clients - an excellent car) and my Ford F-150 work truck. Excellent compromise between the two vehicles.

Updated Bluetooth feature that allows for steering wheel control of your cell phone; generous cabin storage; excellent control layout.

Visibility could be improved; sticker price gives sticker shock (negotiate!), no EZ step to box (see Ford's EZStep). Needs most improvement - in-reverse side view mirror adjustment option; its supposed to help see hidden ground objects, but over-adjusts so you see only the ground under rear tires.