2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Utter Disappointment.
By dullahan on 12/18/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first brand new truck I bought. I previously owned a 1995 Chevy Cheyenne truck and loved it. I wished I never got rid of her. I only had my 2010 Silverado for 4 months before I traded in. Within 4000km's the transmission had to be replaced do to a loud whining noise. It took me months of battling with GM to get the transmission replaced. At one point the truck was at the dealer once a week. The driveline clunks loudly. The speakers vibrated and rattled. The back window of the truck squeaked and creaked. Passenger side door had something lose inside causing it to rattle as well. Within the first 1000km's the engine developed a ticking noise when warmed up. Terrible truck!

Very Happy With Price
By ThemBones24 on 05/15/10 21:48 PM (PDT)

I got the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4 x 4. For $26,500 I was happy with the price. I was considering the Ford 150 and Tundra. But, it seemed Chevy was the most aggressive with a bargaining price. All the truck reviews seemed to favor the Silverado in some form so I figured what the heck, support the American economy. I didn't feel like paying $4 - 5K more for the LT model so I'm willing to live with the slightly lower 13 to 18 mpg. Looks like I'm getting around 425 miles on a 26 gallon fuel-up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended-cab in VA is:

$122 per month*