2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
MY SILVERADO HAS NEVER FAILED ME
By kenzootak on 08/30/14 02:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

MY 2010 SILVERADO HAS 47,500 MILES now. No problems at this time. WAY below freezing jacks up tire pressure monitor. AND THE ORIGINAL TIRES WILL NEED REPLACED SOON. Auto transfer case works well for 4x4 use. Drag to get in neutral. BUT THE AUTO SELECT DIAL FOR 4X4 IS EASY TO USE. THE MANUAL BUTTONS ON SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION WORK WELL TOO. HOWEVER THE MANUAL BUTTON HOLDS A LOW GEAR IF SELECTED WHEN YOU ENTER BACK ON HIGHWAY AT HIGH SPEED IN LOW GEAR ASSUMING AUTOMATIC STILL. THOUGH ON HILLS ,THE MANUAL BUTTON WORKS TERRIFIC WITH THE GEARS USE. FANTASTIC STEREO AND SPEAKERS. WIDE TURN, BUT OKAY. MINE IS REASONABLE ON GAS. IT IS OK FOR LOAD TOO.

A Home Run
By cforider on 12/23/11 23:34 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I got lucky a month ago and found a 10,000 mile used 2010 black Silverado LTZ with every option at less than market price. My 1998 4Runner was still running good, but not enough guts to pull my boat. This is the truck i've always wanted and couldn't be more happy with all of the features. The 4Runner consistently (without boat) got 18 mpg, now I get 15-18 for the tank. The ride is awesome, the heated seats are the envy of my wife, and the look is the best on the market in my opinion. Yes, I'd do it again. Have not pulled the boat yet, but have no doubt it will do just fine. I plan on keeping this one around for a while. I've owned Fords before, but probably not again after this one.

First New Truck.
By beauger on 04/20/11 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck! I've had mine for just over a year and the time has flown. I towed with it 2 months after I bought it and it was a dream. I was worried that I bought a truck that couldn't tow but it did perfectly. Didn't struggle at all. Used it to move my family max trailer weight was 9000 and it didn't skip a beat. I have friends that own Toyota Tundra's and Nissan Titans and comment on the comfort of my truck every time they ride in it. I test drove and compared all the different trucks that are in the same class as this one and none of them could come close to what you get for a very reasonable price.

Utter Disappointment.
By dullahan on 12/18/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first brand new truck I bought. I previously owned a 1995 Chevy Cheyenne truck and loved it. I wished I never got rid of her. I only had my 2010 Silverado for 4 months before I traded in. Within 4000km's the transmission had to be replaced do to a loud whining noise. It took me months of battling with GM to get the transmission replaced. At one point the truck was at the dealer once a week. The driveline clunks loudly. The speakers vibrated and rattled. The back window of the truck squeaked and creaked. Passenger side door had something lose inside causing it to rattle as well. Within the first 1000km's the engine developed a ticking noise when warmed up. Terrible truck!

poor mpg
By fjvargas on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My truck says the estimated mileage is 15 city / 21 hwy I drive normal and my mpg highway is 16 mpg and city 12 this has been my worst truck in fuel consumption, you can even see a dirty black tailpipe, dealer says, if it does not show codes it is fine it drives great and I like it except the mpg and no dic switch for a Lt I guess as not to scare us for the estimated mileage it was going to show honestly, if I had known of this poor mpg I would still be buying ford trucks, they always gave about 19 to 23 mpg my wife love it and at the same time hate it because it didn't came with running boards like all my other Fords other than that it is a great truck with poor mpg

More con than pro
By SGT509 on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

The 1500 is made to drive down the highway empty not use for anything. The 6 speed auto trans downshifts on every little hill. My gas mileage is poor. Three tanks of gas and I have gotten 14.8, 15.1 and 15.8. No wonder they took out the standard gas mileage calculator. GM puts in an odd size spare tire. You can't add accessories to the 1500 like extra battery, plow, etc. It has soft paint that easily scratches. It has a small turn knob to put it in 4WD. Poor color choices. Lots of XM dead spots. Even my Z-71 package has very little ground clearance because of the plastic scoop below the front bumper.

Gas hog
By joe on 09/02/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

I have driven chevy/gmc cars and trucks for 30 years and have obviously been pleased with their products because I have purchased many new products from them. This 2010 truck is an extended cab, LTZ,5.3 v8,3.08 rear. EPA estimates 21 highway and 15 city. Also,it has a six speed transmission. I drive 25,000 to 30,000 miles annually and keep accurate records of my gas mileage. This truck gets 16.3 miles per gallon with 85% highway miles and 15% city miles basically going the speed limit. I still have a 2003 Chevy extended cab,4 speed trans,5.3 liter engine, 246,000 miles on the truck. I get 18 mpg on this truck driving the same way as I drive the 2010.

Pleasantly surprised
By Big G on 09/01/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have to admit I wasn't looking for a truck when I got to the lot, i was looking for an SUV. But once i saw the Silverado with the upgraded chrome wheels and appearance package I had to take a look. Once I drove it I was sold. I constantly get compliments on my truck and it consistently surprises me on how refined and smooth it is on the road. I have had ZERO quality issues and get over 19 mpg on the highway with my heavy foot. Dealer treats me like they want my business too. Get the upgraded 5.3 engine and the 6 speed transmission. It makes a HUGE difference.

Bad bumpers on back
By mike on 08/31/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The bumper on back of this truck is plastic in the middle went to plug my camper lights in and it bent down so far my plug hit the bottom part of the bumper this is not built like a rock this is a truck needs a good bumper on back.

Silverado
By donotbuychevy on 07/10/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

My 2010 Silverado suffers from very poor build quality. The bumper does not fit, and the manager of the dealership told me that was a common problem. They adjusted it and made it better, but he said that even ordering a new bumper would not fix the problem because of the poor design, and even poorer execution. There are a couple of dents that are from the inside out that could only have happened when the truck was built. The transmission is slow to downshift at lower speeds, an attempt to get better mileage by staying in a higher gear? I have 2400 miles on this truck and am in the process of trading for a Tundra. Obama should have done us all a favor and let GM go out of business.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended-cab in VA is:

$126 per month*