Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

MY SILVERADO HAS NEVER FAILED ME
By kenzootak

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

MY 2010 SILVERADO HAS 47,500 MILES now. No problems at this time. WAY below freezing jacks up tire pressure monitor. AND THE ORIGINAL TIRES WILL NEED REPLACED SOON. Auto transfer case works well for 4x4 use. Drag to get in neutral. BUT THE AUTO SELECT DIAL FOR 4X4 IS EASY TO USE. THE MANUAL BUTTONS ON SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION WORK WELL TOO. HOWEVER THE MANUAL BUTTON HOLDS A LOW GEAR IF SELECTED WHEN YOU ENTER BACK ON HIGHWAY AT HIGH SPEED IN LOW GEAR ASSUMING AUTOMATIC STILL. THOUGH ON HILLS ,THE MANUAL BUTTON WORKS TERRIFIC WITH THE GEARS USE. FANTASTIC STEREO AND SPEAKERS. WIDE TURN, BUT OKAY. MINE IS REASONABLE ON GAS. IT IS OK FOR LOAD TOO.

AUTO 4X4 DIAL SELECT, MANUAL TRANSMISSION BUTTONS, BOSE STEREO SPEAKER SYSTEM.THE handling so smooth on highways.

FUEL IMPROVEMENT WHILE IMPROVING POWER capability. Turn the driver seat into a bed. Add a urinal device for driver. UNINCLUDE AIR BAGS. ADD TEMP control for seat from 20 f to 120 f settings. An aluminum frame with titanium crash rods best placed. 100K Kevlar tires. AND A 10 SPEED TRANSMISSION. STANDARD INLINE SEVEN CYLINDER MOTOR.

A Home Run
By cforider

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I got lucky a month ago and found a 10,000 mile used 2010 black Silverado LTZ with every option at less than market price. My 1998 4Runner was still running good, but not enough guts to pull my boat. This is the truck i've always wanted and couldn't be more happy with all of the features. The 4Runner consistently (without boat) got 18 mpg, now I get 15-18 for the tank. The ride is awesome, the heated seats are the envy of my wife, and the look is the best on the market in my opinion. Yes, I'd do it again. Have not pulled the boat yet, but have no doubt it will do just fine. I plan on keeping this one around for a while. I've owned Fords before, but probably not again after this one.

The look, the accessories, the ride, the Navigation and sound system, the throaty engine, and how I look driving it!

Have not yet figured out to advance past a song with the iPod plugged in. Maybe add front parking sensors like the back one that are on it. A Line-X bed liner for all trucks should be standard, not aftermarket. Who doesn't have one? I don't see a gun rack in the list of accessories, that would be a good seller. Hard to improve on a truck this nice. Great job!

First New Truck.
By beauger

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck! I've had mine for just over a year and the time has flown. I towed with it 2 months after I bought it and it was a dream. I was worried that I bought a truck that couldn't tow but it did perfectly. Didn't struggle at all. Used it to move my family max trailer weight was 9000 and it didn't skip a beat. I have friends that own Toyota Tundra's and Nissan Titans and comment on the comfort of my truck every time they ride in it. I test drove and compared all the different trucks that are in the same class as this one and none of them could come close to what you get for a very reasonable price.

Lots of features for a base model. Power windows and locks keyless entry and heated mirrors. Lets not forget about Onstar if you're like me and your busy and you lock your keys in your car for the 15th time, Onstar is a life saver especially when a lock smith will charge a hefty fee just to damage your vehicle to pry open your door and poke a button with a plastic wand and you feel like you just paid a thief to break into your car since they do the same thing. Also Onstar is a theft deterrent!. Perfect for me, I'm not into all the crazy features and in my research this truck is the best truck for the money. I would definitely buy this truck again if I could go back.

None!

Utter Disappointment.
By dullahan

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first brand new truck I bought. I previously owned a 1995 Chevy Cheyenne truck and loved it. I wished I never got rid of her. I only had my 2010 Silverado for 4 months before I traded in. Within 4000km's the transmission had to be replaced do to a loud whining noise. It took me months of battling with GM to get the transmission replaced. At one point the truck was at the dealer once a week. The driveline clunks loudly. The speakers vibrated and rattled. The back window of the truck squeaked and creaked. Passenger side door had something lose inside causing it to rattle as well. Within the first 1000km's the engine developed a ticking noise when warmed up. Terrible truck!

Comfy Seats Great exterior looks Powerful Smooth ride

Build quality Driveline noises Speakers/Stereo Interior design and quality Engine

poor mpg
By fjvargas

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My truck says the estimated mileage is 15 city / 21 hwy I drive normal and my mpg highway is 16 mpg and city 12 this has been my worst truck in fuel consumption, you can even see a dirty black tailpipe, dealer says, if it does not show codes it is fine it drives great and I like it except the mpg and no dic switch for a Lt I guess as not to scare us for the estimated mileage it was going to show honestly, if I had known of this poor mpg I would still be buying ford trucks, they always gave about 19 to 23 mpg my wife love it and at the same time hate it because it didn't came with running boards like all my other Fords other than that it is a great truck with poor mpg

remote vehicle starter

better gas mileage with a proper installed driver information center and running boards and not a misleading mpg EPA fuel economy estimate