Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy SOLD me On FOREIGN TRUCKS; Good Job!!!
By hworth06

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchase this truck with 56,950 miles on it, had it two weeks and the truck is so disappointing (I can't curse on here so I don't care to go into details...but if there is a such thing as a class action suit for this truck I'm jumping on it). All the negative reviews well deserved. I wanted my first pick up truck to be American made but after this experience and diving my company ford work truck, i know my next truck will a Toyota Tundra. So sad America got swept it the auto industy. Now I cringe watching these chevy comercials every 10 minutes pushing these wack trucks. Oh well you learn. #regrets

Favorite Features

I do love the comfort of sitting in the truck, I do feel more macho as if possible, but when it moves all that's out the window. Feels like I'm riding in a haunted house with all the noise the transmission makes.

Suggested Improvements

Better drive trains or transmissions. Not sure if that's one in the same, I'm no mechanic but I know Chevy trucks aren't all what their cracked up to be. Tanks cruise better these things.

Great Family Truck
By renoron

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased our 2010 Silverado from Michael Hohl in Carson City, NV because I wanted a 4x4. Found this truck, and it's been comfortable and reliable with 18000+ miles on it, it is my vehicle of choice for road trips due to reliability, comfort, and gadgets such as USB port and ONSTAR. Had a little Colorado before that, which was a sweet little truck as well. Sorry I had to trade it in.

Favorite Features

4x4, z71 suspension, crew cab, USB port, height and design. This is a big comfortable truck that delivers decent mileage. Love the interior storage areas. (Upper and lower glove box) and side curtain airbags were the "seal the deal" feature.

Suggested Improvements

Lower price and better gas mileage.

Should've bought a Tundra
By dinger82

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

American truck built in Mexico! Drives great; I put a 5" lift on mine goes anywhere.

Favorite Features

Seats!

Suggested Improvements

Build them in the USA. Toyota does.

I love my 2010 Z71!!!!
By raider_fanatic

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Crew Cab Z71 with 15k miles on it on March 3, 2011. I have not had any problems with it other than the exterior temperature gauge takes a while to register what the teperature it outside. Also, it is pretty difficult to park, even with the back up camera and parking sensors. I get about 15-17 MPG in town and 19-20 hwy.

Favorite Features

Heated black leather interior, back up camera, steering wheel radio controls, lots of storage, and the overall look of it.

Suggested Improvements

It will supposedly switch to 4 cylinders when not under stress, but it seems it only does it when i am going down hill. I suggest the option to manually engage it to a 4 cylinder so the MPG would increase when I am not pulling a trailer or even just strolling through town.

2010 Chevy Silverado 5.3 crew z71 44x4
By brentsmith36

I love the truck except for one thing..it has a clunking noise in the transmission/ rear end. I took it to the dealership and all they did was lubricate the rear end. The noise is still there! This is very frustrating so I can not recommend this vehicle. If I could get a refund--I would. The transmission mechanic said that it was something I would have to live with!

Favorite Features

5.3 motor

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission and rear end problem!