2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Family Truck
By renoron on 04/12/13 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased our 2010 Silverado from Michael Hohl in Carson City, NV because I wanted a 4x4. Found this truck, and it's been comfortable and reliable with 18000+ miles on it, it is my vehicle of choice for road trips due to reliability, comfort, and gadgets such as USB port and ONSTAR. Had a little Colorado before that, which was a sweet little truck as well. Sorry I had to trade it in.

Should've bought a Tundra
By dinger82 on 12/14/11 15:23 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

American truck built in Mexico! Drives great; I put a 5" lift on mine goes anywhere.

I love my 2010 Z71!!!!
By raider_fanatic on 04/02/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Crew Cab Z71 with 15k miles on it on March 3, 2011. I have not had any problems with it other than the exterior temperature gauge takes a while to register what the teperature it outside. Also, it is pretty difficult to park, even with the back up camera and parking sensors. I get about 15-17 MPG in town and 19-20 hwy.

2010 Chevy Silverado 5.3 crew z71 44x4
By brentsmith36 on 12/11/10 12:40 PM (PST)

I love the truck except for one thing..it has a clunking noise in the transmission/ rear end. I took it to the dealership and all they did was lubricate the rear end. The noise is still there! This is very frustrating so I can not recommend this vehicle. If I could get a refund--I would. The transmission mechanic said that it was something I would have to live with!

Poor Quality Build
By poor_quality on 12/07/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased a new 2010 Silverado and after 200 miles the interior noise became unbearable on the highway. Sounds like the rear passenger door of the crew cab is not closed. The door is closed, but the cab vents behind the rear seats are allowing for loud road noise. Wind noise can be heard though the weather strilling around the doors at hiway speed. Went back to the GM dealership to complain, and even though they admited that my vehicle is louder than most vehicles, I was told that "they all sound like that". I find this an unacceptable answer. The dealership offered to Duct Tape over the cab vents, but this would make closing the doors difficult.

Pleasantly Surprised - Very Nice
By DJC on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Wasn't looking for a pickup, but with the incentives ($10k off sticker) and tax credits it was a no brainer. This is one fine machine, drives like a dream. First tank and a half, 23.5 mpg at 60-65 mph. This truck looks amazing with black granite metallic paint, chrome wheels and chrome running boards. Got all of the toys avaialble except for the dvd player in back, this thing coddles you. Very pleased that my buy American initiative has had such a good result. Way to go Detroit.

Poor Quality
By davir on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased my new Silverado and the 1st time on the highway it sounded like the rear passenger door was partially open. The door was closed, but lots of road noise can be heard inside the cab. Took the vehicle back to the dealership and was told "all trucks sound like that" and there is nothing GM can do about it. Dealer did agree that my truck had the loudest interior noise he had ever heard. The 1st time I drove down a country road a squeak developed in the dash and the rear bumper license plate light fell out of its holder. This vehicle has 3000 miles (99% highway miles) and is only 2 months old. If GM had a 60 day return policy, I would take it back tomorrow & pay for the mileage used.

Just got it
By SK on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This review seems a little premature due the fact I just took delivery 1 day ago. Yet so far this thing is super nice & rides great. Plenty of room to suits my needs.

Just took delivery
By jpj1707 on 08/26/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

Just purchased a 2010 Silverado, crew cab, Texas Edition. This is a great looking truck, inside and out. Very happy with the deal I got and the truck is comfortable and rides great. Traded a Toyota Camry for this truck. Loved my Camry but need a truck. I hope this Chevrolet is up to par with Toyota in build quality and reliability.

Awesome!
By floyds on 07/16/10 06:40 AM (PDT)

This truck meets a happy medium. We needed a truck to tow our camper but I still wanted to travel in comfort. This is that and more. I love the USB port for my Ipod. We got leather seats since we are using it mainly to camp, go to races and baseball games. I love the dual control A/C. My husband always freezes me. This solves that problem. I love the DIC. I love watching the fuel management kick in to V4. I know I'm saving money. We have about 500 miles on it so far. The fuel mileage started out low but since it has started to get broken in, I got 20.5 on my way to work. That is right on target with what it states it will get. Very comfortable ride/drive. Had to get step boards to climb in.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew-cab in WA is:

$152 per month*