2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
MY SILVERADO HAS NEVER FAILED ME
By kenzootak on 08/30/14 02:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

MY 2010 SILVERADO HAS 47,500 MILES now. No problems at this time. WAY below freezing jacks up tire pressure monitor. AND THE ORIGINAL TIRES WILL NEED REPLACED SOON. Auto transfer case works well for 4x4 use. Drag to get in neutral. BUT THE AUTO SELECT DIAL FOR 4X4 IS EASY TO USE. THE MANUAL BUTTONS ON SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION WORK WELL TOO. HOWEVER THE MANUAL BUTTON HOLDS A LOW GEAR IF SELECTED WHEN YOU ENTER BACK ON HIGHWAY AT HIGH SPEED IN LOW GEAR ASSUMING AUTOMATIC STILL. THOUGH ON HILLS ,THE MANUAL BUTTON WORKS TERRIFIC WITH THE GEARS USE. FANTASTIC STEREO AND SPEAKERS. WIDE TURN, BUT OKAY. MINE IS REASONABLE ON GAS. IT IS OK FOR LOAD TOO.

Great Family Truck
By renoron on 04/12/13 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased our 2010 Silverado from Michael Hohl in Carson City, NV because I wanted a 4x4. Found this truck, and it's been comfortable and reliable with 18000+ miles on it, it is my vehicle of choice for road trips due to reliability, comfort, and gadgets such as USB port and ONSTAR. Had a little Colorado before that, which was a sweet little truck as well. Sorry I had to trade it in.

Great light duty pickup
By bacilluscereus on 04/10/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 years and 22,000 miles, no real complaints. Dealer replaced Chevy bowtie logo on tailgate twice under warranty due to cosmetic flaking, and recently re-programmed the setting on the defroster to eliminate an interior cabin fogging issue, but all else is mechanically perfect. Gas mileage on the 4.6L V-6 is not as good as I was hoping (only ~19mpg highway empty bed with no A/C running and 55mph speeds, & 14mpg city). Interior treatment is an expanse of bland gray plastic and the dash seems poorly designed in terms of storage, with 3 cubbies too small to be of any real use. However, these are relatively small issues. I like the truck overall very much and will keep it for yrs.

A Home Run
By cforider on 12/23/11 23:34 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I got lucky a month ago and found a 10,000 mile used 2010 black Silverado LTZ with every option at less than market price. My 1998 4Runner was still running good, but not enough guts to pull my boat. This is the truck i've always wanted and couldn't be more happy with all of the features. The 4Runner consistently (without boat) got 18 mpg, now I get 15-18 for the tank. The ride is awesome, the heated seats are the envy of my wife, and the look is the best on the market in my opinion. Yes, I'd do it again. Have not pulled the boat yet, but have no doubt it will do just fine. I plan on keeping this one around for a while. I've owned Fords before, but probably not again after this one.

Should've bought a Tundra
By dinger82 on 12/14/11 15:23 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

American truck built in Mexico! Drives great; I put a 5" lift on mine goes anywhere.

First New Truck.
By beauger on 04/20/11 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck! I've had mine for just over a year and the time has flown. I towed with it 2 months after I bought it and it was a dream. I was worried that I bought a truck that couldn't tow but it did perfectly. Didn't struggle at all. Used it to move my family max trailer weight was 9000 and it didn't skip a beat. I have friends that own Toyota Tundra's and Nissan Titans and comment on the comfort of my truck every time they ride in it. I test drove and compared all the different trucks that are in the same class as this one and none of them could come close to what you get for a very reasonable price.

I love my 2010 Z71!!!!
By raider_fanatic on 04/02/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Crew Cab Z71 with 15k miles on it on March 3, 2011. I have not had any problems with it other than the exterior temperature gauge takes a while to register what the teperature it outside. Also, it is pretty difficult to park, even with the back up camera and parking sensors. I get about 15-17 MPG in town and 19-20 hwy.

Love My Silverado
By history2 on 03/04/11 17:07 PM (PST)

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 WT. Bought it with the 4.3 V6, black with black interior, power windows/locks/mirrors/cruise and keyless entry. It's a regular cab tho with not a lot of space behind the seat. It starts up and runs every morning. I've had it since 9miles and now I'm up to 9,000. No problems. Check the oil every 3k. It's quiet on the highway, pulling less than 2,000 rpms at 70 mph. It gets about 16 in town. That could be better but the truck does weigh over 2 tons. Great visibility at night. I wanted a reliable truck that could take me past 200k miles and I'm on my way. I wanted the 4.3 V6. I had that motor before in another vehicle and i like it. Great Truck.

Utter Disappointment.
By dullahan on 12/18/10 14:18 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first brand new truck I bought. I previously owned a 1995 Chevy Cheyenne truck and loved it. I wished I never got rid of her. I only had my 2010 Silverado for 4 months before I traded in. Within 4000km's the transmission had to be replaced do to a loud whining noise. It took me months of battling with GM to get the transmission replaced. At one point the truck was at the dealer once a week. The driveline clunks loudly. The speakers vibrated and rattled. The back window of the truck squeaked and creaked. Passenger side door had something lose inside causing it to rattle as well. Within the first 1000km's the engine developed a ticking noise when warmed up. Terrible truck!

2010 Chevy Silverado 5.3 crew z71 44x4
By brentsmith36 on 12/11/10 12:40 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love the truck except for one thing..it has a clunking noise in the transmission/ rear end. I took it to the dealership and all they did was lubricate the rear end. The noise is still there! This is very frustrating so I can not recommend this vehicle. If I could get a refund--I would. The transmission mechanic said that it was something I would have to live with!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$124 per month*