2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Tough Truck

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LTZ Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

Tough Truck
By BowTie4Life on

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my new '09 LTZ 4WD because I wanted a new truck and Chevy had excellent incentives. I fell in love with the Silverado; It is one beautiful and tough vehicle. Test drove the new F-150, was nice but WAY under-powered and over-priced. The 5.3 Vortec w/6-speed auto is an amazing powertrain. My Silverado has the Automatic 4x4 with the factory 20" rims & Z60 handling suspension package, not the Z71 package. Got the white exterior w/Ebony leather interior. The truck handles and drives remarkably well, but it is not made for off road use like the Z71. Drove the Tundra, very disappointe, doesn't compare to the Silverado. I recommend this truck, so far no issues.

Build Quality; LTZ trim w/all the goodies; Powertrain is best in class; Active Fuel Management; Looks inside & out; Bose stereo and Heated Seats.

Like several other consumers, I think running boards or step bars should be standard, especially on the LTZ trim.