2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Not what I was expecting from

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

LTZ Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

Not what I was expecting from GM
By joel1235 on

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the truck used in November 2010 with 17K on it and the fun started about a week later. First my battery needed replacement, but then it spent a few days at the dealer looking for a popping noise they never found and is still happening. Next was a rough idle/check engine light. It was fixed a week later. Around 35K the transfer case needed replaced. At the dealer another week. This week the rough idle/check engine light thing started again(40K). An independent shop told me it was the same trouble code as last time, and that the problem was with the piston rings, and I may need a new motor. I wish I could go on, but I'm running out of space.

Great interior/exterior styling. Four-wheel drive. Better gas millage than competitors.

Get the bugs out before these trucks are offered to the public GM! We will not continue to do your R&D for you for much longer. I've always been a Chevy fan/defender, but this truck has made me swear off GM for good. Not only has the truck been a lemon, but GM continues to make me jump through hoops before they will fix it correctly.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review