2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Nice Truck--Price Was Right!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LT Extended Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Nice Truck--Price Was Right!
By Bob on

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck at the very end of the model year; and I must say the price was right! I traded a 99 Dodge Dakota, which served me extremely well, but was getting long in the tooth. I've put 3K miles on my Silverado so far and am completely satisfied with the handling, power and quality. I must say, I don't care for the weird lint problem on the seat! Otherwise very satisfied. The size and body style does take a little getting used to in getting around town, backing up and parking in tight spaces. My wife's 03 Sequioa is easier to park!

Power is good, build quality seems to be good--especially when you consider how little it cost. No complaints so far.

Tough to maneuver in and out of tight parking spaces, hard to back. I wish GM would stop calling about renewing the Onstar--don't need it and don't want it. What is up with the cloth on the seats (lint)? It did take a little getting used to the awkward interior door handle placement.