2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Good Truck, but...
By Mike on 10/01/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought in Feb 09. With 29 miles on it, it started having extended start problems. After 4 months and 5 trips to repair, they finally realized the fuel injectors were leaking and replaced all eight; seemed to fix the problem. Other than that very nice truck. Could be a little plusher inside and provide more storage, particularly in the rear seat area. Drives as good or better than my 09 Honda Pilot. Fuel economy not great, but hoping to improve. The brakes squeal quite a bit, but only after sitting for a day or two.

Just Got it..
By Joe on 09/28/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought my 2009 Silverado and I have enjoyed it a lot so far. I had a Sierra previous to this truck and this truck is very quiet compared to my old one and this one even rides smoother. I am happy with the truck and hope it is as reliable as my old GM product.

Z71, 6 Speed Auto, Cheap(er)
By zjones on 09/02/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Way better than my 2007 Classic 5.3 Silverado was. Smoother faster stronger more options better gas mileage. AFM works just fine. The 6 speed automatic is about 8 years late but now that it's here it was worth the wait. It's a much better unit than the old 4 speed. Frame much stronger, bed is mounted right up next to the cab now and when you jam your 4 wheeler in there it won't bend the top of the bed anymore. It drives WAY better than the old ones...I had to zig zag at 70 mph to miss a stupid deer and the rollover and brake system work well. The new dual zone climate control actually works now too. 13000 miles in 3 months because I love to drive it.

Cool
By Ron Jackson on 08/14/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Silverado in Jun 2009, I upgraded from the Chevy Avalanche, yes upgraded. The Silverado is smooth, and cool. Fun to drive, handles like a car, moves like a Truck and this vehicle demands attention. The 20 Inch Tires, sleek Rims, Black with Silver Trim. I have also added the chrome light covers and some chrome to the tail gate. Looks very nice. This vehicle gets up and go. Very quiet. Bottom Line, Love it. Love the Active Fuel Management.

Happy with 2009 Silverado
By Kevin on 08/13/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Only had the truck for 2 months, but am very pleased at this point. Tows like a dream with the 6 speed tranny. Averaging 18 mpg, but that's a mix of in town and some highway. I expect it to get better once broken in; only 2,000 on the truck at this point. Put a 70 series flowmaster muffler and duals on it. It sounds so good. Took advantage of the zero interest rate back durning July's promotion. Overall am very pleased.

get one
By bryan on 08/11/09 01:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck and I am very happy with it. I wanted a Dodge ram originally and all my peers said go with Chevy so I did and got a great deal and I actually am happy that I did I really enjoy this truck so far. Hopefully it lasts me 200,000 and then I will be Chevy for life.

Chevy Silvrado 1500 WT great value!
By GMK on 08/01/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab WT with 4.8 V* for under $20K. I don't think there is a similar value anywhere currently. Truck handles like a dream. WT trim is surprisingly nice. Decent stereo, satellite radio and onstar are great additions. Interior is simple and nicely designed. High quality for a work truck. I average 18.5 MPG which is amazing to me given the size and capability of this truck. I tow a race car and this truck is more than capable to tow my 4000 lb rig over mountain passes. Sale price of $19988 made this a no brainer for me.

Bad Transmission
By T Swindell on 07/30/09 06:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the truck when first bought, but noticed occasionally that the transmission shifted hard. With only 3400 miles, decided to take a trip to the keys from southeast ga. Before we reached Miami, the truck was jumping in and out of gear. We stopped at 8:30 pm to check fluid lever, there was no fluid. Called onstar, they sent a tow truck that never showed up. Had to rent a room, find a dealership to replace rear seal. Continued on trip, on return same thing happened, continued on refilling fluid. It is now in the shop getting rebuilt. So now I have a brand new truck with rebuilt transmission. Have only made 2 payments. Am I thrilled or what!

Great truck
By richdaddy on 07/07/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the truck in April, I love it, good power from a v6, comfy interior, looks good. The only thing I didn't like is days after I bought it was in the shop for a loose gas cap. The engine light came on cuz of it. Dealer was very fast in getting the truck back and I have not had any problem since, I would recommend this truck to anyone

Fun Driving the LTZ Silverado
By Ron Jackson on 07/05/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love driving this vehicle, just recently returned back from a road trip. From Virginia to Atlanta, GA. Loved every min of driving the Silverado. I let my Son drive for a while and I enjoyed the back seat. Nice and quiet. I went to sleep for about about 2 hours. Not only does it look good with it's sleek styling, but it drives great. We have a JAGUAR and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Silverado is the Road Vehicle. I am a Chevy Man.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$120 per month*