Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Klunk Bump Slosh Bang Slam
By Paul

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I decided to give GM one more chance as well and like review I read on a similar GMC recently. GM has forgotten who they are building trucks for, I am 6 ft and 230 lb, the seats are horrible soft sinking material after 1k miles. The drive train clunks at stop, the fuel tank sloshes, thumps, hard downshifting after driving for awhile. brake squeal, there more slams, bangs, thumps, clunks sloshes squeals on this truck, not to mention too low a roof line and too low a windshield. What a piece of crap

Excellent power, but lots clunks and thumps. Nice side body style, lousy front and cab exterior style. too skinny a cab and seats.

A pickup is supposed to have a wide and tall cab, seats should recline all the way, fix thump, bump, clunk, slam, bang slosh and squeal noises. Recall these problems or this will be my last last US Brand Truck, Ford and dodge already drove me away, now I see why Detroit unemployment is so high.

TrueTruck Guy
By Truck Guy

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck as a sales vehicle. It is driven over 40,000 miles per year. I have only had it since October 2009 and it has been great! Very comfortable on the road. 22-23 mpg hwy. Ride and handling is great for a truck. NO other truck gets this good MPG HWY. 5.3 V8 unloads on HWY seems to help MPG. Added dual exhaust.

Cruise control, stereo, seats, and body style.

Nicer standard wheel selection. More dash special features (wood grain). Squeeze more MPG

run (don't walk)
By lastgm

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I decided to "come back" to GM and give them another try. My brand new truck which is not my main vehicle and barely used emerged from the winter only a couple of months old and both sides of the chrome rear bumper is rusted through and has to be replaced. Not that's quality. At least in the 70's it took 2-3 years for a car to rust out. I'm done with GM. No wonder they went bankrupt.

build a quality vehicle

Best I ve ever had or ever seen
By Barnwell Bruiser

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Saw this truck on dealers lot is a white diamonds special edition that pearly white paint job looks just fantastic . 20 inch chrome rims just the total overall package is unlike anything else out there . Some fellow had it 3 months and traded it in on ,well wont mention but his loss was my gain the 4 cylinders don't near kick in enuff supposedly giving the better gas mileage but perhaps I drive it like it was meant to be driven and not doddlin around Love the layout inside and out .

Love the white diamonds color the design ,spacious interior all accessible but man they make those radio cd players do so much Ill never figure out half of it .Rides smooth lots of power and luv the automatic kick into 4x4 feature when needed .On star ,integrated phone and gps

So very little to improve on perfection ....better gas mileage is about all I can think of probably getting in that 18 mpg range

Good Truck with issues
By Who Dat

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 4000 miles on it and I have had some minor problems so far. One chrome door handle broke off, the fuel cell indicator failed, and the dealer had to install noise reduction tape on all four doors. Besides the inconvenience of going back for repairs it has been a good truck. I hope the long term reliability is good, may have to get an extended warranty. We have six 09 Silverados at my work site, all have had some type of problems. Not sure if I would purchase another GM product at this time. The cloth seats are a lint nightmare to clean.

Ride comfort, towing capability, on star, six speed transmission.

GM's overall quality needs improvement, cloth seats are very difficult to maintain. GM design engineers need to correct noise issues before the customer purchases the vehicle--noise reduction tape????