Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Enjoying my time with my 09
By greg graham

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my LTZ for 13 months and have been generally pleased. Mine is loaded with every option but the NAV. I have been pleased with the overall quality thus far with no issues to note. I'm averaging 15.5 mpg which is great for this vehicle. I love the dash lay out with wood inserts. I do wish the Bose system was a center point system but as it is I'm enjoying it. The 5.3 has good power. I've added so much aftermarket to the truck to enhance my ride. 6 in running boards, mud guards,bug deflector, lift kit for the front (I hated the lower front end) now it looks level across the entire truck,rear wheel well liners, recon light bar for under tailgate, db exhaust system(cool)under seat storage etc.

Favorite Features

Looks inside and out, heated seats great for Buffalo, NY winter. 4 wheel drive, blue tooth (makes me forget about on star) space of crew cab, turn signals built in mirrors, rear view camera built rear view mirror

Suggested Improvements

improve Bose to center point system, level front end with rear (I hated the dip in the front) I wish it would have come with rear wheel well liners standard as it give the appearance of a finished product,

Chevy LIES about quality improvements!
By Chevy JUNK!!!!!!!!!!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It was fresh off the dealer floor on 7/3/09. Has been my secondary vehicle for a year now. I just hit 5,100 miles and all the lifters now need to be replaced. The service tech states that the oiling system oils too much so it blows by the lifters blows out tons of white smoke out of the exhaust constantly. To make matters even more disappointing is the lack of a quality and robust 6 speed transmission, it has no clue how to pick a gear to stay in it. While driving if you make it downshift it will downshift and bring the engine to "Redline" or 6,000 rpm and stay there even if you take your foot off the gas pedal for at least 5 seconds.

Favorite Features

Seats, the leather seats are OK for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Why don't you spend the money on the actual quality of your vehicles instead of being the typical hypocrites and only provide lip service via GREAT MARKETING!

First Lemon in 8 Chevys
By Dan

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 10/09. On 10/30 had it in for brakes and belts squealing, 1/12/2010 had it in for the lights dimming while driving (was told the alternator was charging), 2/8 Chevy bow tie decal was replaced because paint peeled off, 4/7 had bow tie replaced again due to peeling, 4/20 right rear shock blew out and had it replaced, 4/26 the fuel tank pressure sensor went out and had to be replaced, 4/27 took to body shop at 8am to get body rubbed out due to the "orange peel" finish all over the truck, 5/5 had to take back again for "orange peel" they missed several spots on the first attempt and left the tailgate covered in swirl marks from the buffer. Had it in twice for On Star misreading.

Favorite Features

Piece of crap so I have no favorite things.

Suggested Improvements

Flush it down the toilet

Outstanding
By Chevy

Wow. I only got a 2 WD 4.3 V6 but still haven't got stuck been through fields after a week of rain with no problem. Pulled people out of ditches. drives in the snow in ice like not other truck i ever own. out does dodges and fords V-8 with out any problem. Never owned anything but a Chevy. Already got two people who own new dodges to trade it in for a new Chevy.

Favorite Features

The look of the new Chevy are great. the power and performance. has a smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Trucks need to be lifted a another two or three inch. they are to low to the ground.

Klunk, Bump, Thump, Slosh, Squeak
By Tom

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Seats are made of cheap soft outer foam with a hollow inner core the compresses. Which after a couple thousand miles turns to an uncomfortable squishy, sagging, un comfortable garbage. Driveline thumps and clunks, fuel sloshes and thumps between 3/4 and full. Brake squeal at 5 - 15 mph braking. Accelerator pedal stick out to far cannot straighten right leg and still reach steering wheel which has a shorter shaft. I hit my head getting in the truck, center review mirror hides pedestrians and vehicles at traffic lights, almost hit a few because i could not see them. Fuel economy poot, cab in too skinny at roof line and roof is too low. seats are too skinny, no under hood light

Favorite Features

Handling, power, dual brake lamps, turn signals in mirrors, heated mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

raise roof line, wide roof line, tint windshield at roof line, use a firm foam seat without a hollow core. Put baffles in fuel tank, fix clunk, thump, bump noises. fix brake squeal, fire the idiots thats designed truck and fire the moron suppliers.