2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Tough Truck
By BowTie4Life on 11/22/09 21:29 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my new '09 LTZ 4WD because I wanted a new truck and Chevy had excellent incentives. I fell in love with the Silverado; It is one beautiful and tough vehicle. Test drove the new F-150, was nice but WAY under-powered and over-priced. The 5.3 Vortec w/6-speed auto is an amazing powertrain. My Silverado has the Automatic 4x4 with the factory 20" rims & Z60 handling suspension package, not the Z71 package. Got the white exterior w/Ebony leather interior. The truck handles and drives remarkably well, but it is not made for off road use like the Z71. Drove the Tundra, very disappointe, doesn't compare to the Silverado. I recommend this truck, so far no issues.

Overall a good truck
By bobtag on 11/17/09 20:33 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in May. To date I have logged nearly 13,000 miles. The truck is quiet, dependable, and has reasonable fuel mileage. All the controls are thoughtfully laid out and the truck handles very well in city and highway traffic. The Onstar is highly overated. I got lost in the Canadian north and they were unable to help me find my way out. The phone option also fails when you get into isolated areas. It's a little meager on power but it is only a 4.8. Shifts down a lot in the wind. Makes up for it in decent mileage.

Door Rattle
By Mark on 11/17/09 16:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought 2009 silverado ext cab doors rattle real bad as if doors are not closed.I am very disappointed in this truck last chevy for me.

Nice Truck - Poor Reliability
By envelopo on 11/02/09 16:41 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After returning to the dealer 7 times for issues ranging from a door rattle they did not fix, various squeaks, engine oil usage, a bad torque converter and electrical issues, I traded the truck in on a 2010 Tundra. A pity really, since the silverado is overall a nice truck with great features and really the best looks of any out there. Wish it would have worked out for me but I need my truck for work and cannot afford to be hanging around a the dealership waiting for repairs to a brand new truck.

Silverado cloth interior stinks
By ms on 10/30/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Having 19 pickups since 1989 as a sales rep on the road, my new 2009 silverado with cloth stinks< I am in and out a lot, one hour out and one hour in the cold north plains states. I've had leather, cloth heated seats and tons of miles in both. This new 09 cloth is terrible for stains, lint. You must use a lint roller every week to keep it even half presentable. 3300 miles on this one look worse than my last Chevy with 170,000 miles! 6 chevys in the family and this will be my last if they don't admit they have a problem, which they have but only come up with a self admitted $2400 cloth replacement kit that will do the same thing.

Good truck
By Chris G on 10/29/09 11:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Upgraded from an 08 2LT Silverado into this 09 LTZ and love it! My truck currently has 9,000 miles and have had no problems whatsoever. The only thing i am a little mad about is this truck rattles alot when going over bumps which my 08 didn't. Maybe it was built on a friday?

Just breaking it in...
By jmdc648 on 10/27/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z- 71 due to poor transmission and rear end issues. I love the way it drives. It is a very smooth and quite ride and extremely comfortable. The interior is nicely designed. The exterior is sharp and no doubt turns heads when it passes by.

Love my Chevy
By M.C.Sauerbrey on 10/27/09 12:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a salesman and drive 45000 miles per year. I bought the truck because our company trucks are chevys and last over 200000 miles. This truck has the 5.3 v8 and the 6 spd trans. 2WD. I am getting 22-23.5 mpg on the hwy at 70- 75mph. In town around 18.5-20mpg. I traded a 4cyl GMC Canyon that didn't do any better on the hwy and it could not pull anything.This truck is fun to drive and very comfortable. So far I have over 8000 miles on it.

Bad sheet metal
By Mark on 10/18/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought truck October 06 2009 notice ripples around fender walls.Took back to dealership. Would not do anything said it was GM'S fault called them up and they would not do anything also.Just want to let you chevy truck guys or gals know to check out around fender walls for ripples before you buy.

2009 2door WT long box with 4.3
By thatguy on 10/11/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have my own business and to be honest looking at all the other trucks i would buy the same truck again. No matter what i do to it it keeps on going, whether its in a farmers field or hauling a trailer. No matter what it is it will do it with ease and comfort and that is what a work truck should be. I have a 2009 F250 and a 2008 dodge 2500 and even with the 4.3L I still take it over my 6.0L powerstroke diesel and 6.7L cummins because it is just so nice to drive no matter what is in the back or what you are pulling. That i what a work truck should do.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in VA is:

$120 per month*