Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Really Enjoy It
By Mad Bavarian

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a dream. On a recent long trip got 21-22 mpg. Great in rain and especially snow. Good sound system. Winds out well - sounds good. No complaints after 3600 miles. Would like to have the LTZ but with ext cab and long bed it was a lucky find. Great for toys, am looking forward to towing boat. Love the XM and Onstar.

All mentioned above. Like the built in brake controller, great ride.

Cloth seats are difficult to keep clean.

Buy a Ford
By Dowman

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With 3200 miles on this truck, the doors rattle so bad I need ear plugs. Dealership has no fix for this problem. Fuel gauge sensor broke, two chrome door handles had to be replaced. and the fuel management system is a joke, noise in the drive train after normal braking. No more GM products for me, very disappointed with the quality of this vehicle.

Good ride but have your ear plugs.

Improve your quality, maybe GM should consider assembling these trucks in the US.

Nice Truck--Price Was Right!
By Bob

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck at the very end of the model year; and I must say the price was right! I traded a 99 Dodge Dakota, which served me extremely well, but was getting long in the tooth. I've put 3K miles on my Silverado so far and am completely satisfied with the handling, power and quality. I must say, I don't care for the weird lint problem on the seat! Otherwise very satisfied. The size and body style does take a little getting used to in getting around town, backing up and parking in tight spaces. My wife's 03 Sequioa is easier to park!

Power is good, build quality seems to be good--especially when you consider how little it cost. No complaints so far.

Tough to maneuver in and out of tight parking spaces, hard to back. I wish GM would stop calling about renewing the Onstar--don't need it and don't want it. What is up with the cloth on the seats (lint)? It did take a little getting used to the awkward interior door handle placement.

They are hiding problems
By Bill Ricigliano

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is okay but when it comes to giving it gas to fast there is a 7/10 second delay. Chevy knows about it but doing nothing about it. Do not buy a chevy right now due to this problem wait for the fix.

None

Fix the gas pedal

2009 Silverado 5.3
By Robert

Ive owned Chevy trucks all my life and this one is average. Rattles in the doors and dash. Vibrations in the drive train. Fuel management is BS. Don't put exhaust on one it will drive you crazy with the cylinders kicking in and out all the time. Fuel mileage is important to me but power when towing is more. I tow a 23 ft. boat and it strains a lot. I haven't towed my car and trailer yet, a little scared too. I live in Florida and there are no hills. I wish I would have up dated to the 6.0 litre. Now that I own it no good trade in value. The other main complaint is the drive shaft clunk when you stop and start, you would think this on going problem would be resolved by now. Same o Same o.

Well that's a good question

More comfort features and use better quality parts. You would have to spend $45,000 dollars to get a decent truck.