2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy Silvrado 1500 WT great value!
By GMK on 08/01/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab WT with 4.8 V* for under $20K. I don't think there is a similar value anywhere currently. Truck handles like a dream. WT trim is surprisingly nice. Decent stereo, satellite radio and onstar are great additions. Interior is simple and nicely designed. High quality for a work truck. I average 18.5 MPG which is amazing to me given the size and capability of this truck. I tow a race car and this truck is more than capable to tow my 4000 lb rig over mountain passes. Sale price of $19988 made this a no brainer for me.

Bad Transmission
By T Swindell on 07/30/09 06:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Loved the truck when first bought, but noticed occasionally that the transmission shifted hard. With only 3400 miles, decided to take a trip to the keys from southeast ga. Before we reached Miami, the truck was jumping in and out of gear. We stopped at 8:30 pm to check fluid lever, there was no fluid. Called onstar, they sent a tow truck that never showed up. Had to rent a room, find a dealership to replace rear seal. Continued on trip, on return same thing happened, continued on refilling fluid. It is now in the shop getting rebuilt. So now I have a brand new truck with rebuilt transmission. Have only made 2 payments. Am I thrilled or what!

Fun Driving the LTZ Silverado
By Ron Jackson on 07/05/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Love driving this vehicle, just recently returned back from a road trip. From Virginia to Atlanta, GA. Loved every min of driving the Silverado. I let my Son drive for a while and I enjoyed the back seat. Nice and quiet. I went to sleep for about about 2 hours. Not only does it look good with it's sleek styling, but it drives great. We have a JAGUAR and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Silverado is the Road Vehicle. I am a Chevy Man.

Great Ride
By Dale S on 05/01/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

I've had the 09 LT for three months and have 10K on it already. Putting another 3K on it next week. Ride is very good and the Z71 package gives it more stability in high wind conditions. The 6 sp auto or manual transmission is fantastic. Pulled a loaded 18' trailer through a blizzard and never had to touch the brakes in traffic, just went to manual and controlled speed with the touch of a button. The only other vehicle I can put as many comfortable miles on is my Mustang GT, but the truck rides much better. Keeping it at 65, 19.5 mpg not unusual.

So far so good
By David on 04/13/09 06:05 AM (PDT)

I ordered this truck w the 6.2, max pack, and love it. Plenty of power w a lot of power. It is a pleasure to drive and with all kinds of extras. I have been a Ford man most of my life but after months of research I ended up with this truck. It is just what I wanted. Don't concern yourself with gas mileage because its a truck but go w what you want and you will be happy. Gas prices go up and down. If this what drive you then get a motorcycle.

09 Silverado crew cab 5.3L 4WD
By ZRMan on 02/11/09 18:21 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

So far I really like this truck. The ride is smooth and quiet. My snowmobile trailer, which pulled hard with my old Silverado, seems to pull much easier with the 6 speed in tow/haul mode. I don't have all the gear hunting and hard shifts. The bluetooth is a nice feature but I would think it would hurt their OnStar sales.

Fantastic Truck and Amazing Value
By TJ on 01/14/09 05:45 AM (PST)

Some trucks did one thing better than the Silverado but none did everything as well. The technology involved with engine is amazing and the eight to four cylinder shift is not only seamless but transparent to the driver. Having small children I really appreciate the safety features. Although the truck was just picked up I have owned foreign full size trucks and the initial quality is every bit as good if not better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$141 per month*