2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Klunk Bump Slosh Bang Slam
By Paul on 04/21/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I decided to give GM one more chance as well and like review I read on a similar GMC recently. GM has forgotten who they are building trucks for, I am 6 ft and 230 lb, the seats are horrible soft sinking material after 1k miles. The drive train clunks at stop, the fuel tank sloshes, thumps, hard downshifting after driving for awhile. brake squeal, there more slams, bangs, thumps, clunks sloshes squeals on this truck, not to mention too low a roof line and too low a windshield. What a piece of crap

TrueTruck Guy
By Truck Guy on 04/09/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck as a sales vehicle. It is driven over 40,000 miles per year. I have only had it since October 2009 and it has been great! Very comfortable on the road. 22-23 mpg hwy. Ride and handling is great for a truck. NO other truck gets this good MPG HWY. 5.3 V8 unloads on HWY seems to help MPG. Added dual exhaust.

run (don't walk)
By lastgm on 03/25/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

I decided to "come back" to GM and give them another try. My brand new truck which is not my main vehicle and barely used emerged from the winter only a couple of months old and both sides of the chrome rear bumper is rusted through and has to be replaced. Not that's quality. At least in the 70's it took 2-3 years for a car to rust out. I'm done with GM. No wonder they went bankrupt.

Best I ve ever had or ever seen
By Barnwell Bruiser on 03/22/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Saw this truck on dealers lot is a white diamonds special edition that pearly white paint job looks just fantastic . 20 inch chrome rims just the total overall package is unlike anything else out there . Some fellow had it 3 months and traded it in on ,well wont mention but his loss was my gain the 4 cylinders don't near kick in enuff supposedly giving the better gas mileage but perhaps I drive it like it was meant to be driven and not doddlin around Love the layout inside and out .

rides like a bucking bronco
By chevy owner on 02/25/10 17:47 PM (PST)

I wish i hadn't purchased this truck the suspension is harsh and rides worse than a jeep and the 4 speed trans was a messed up bait and switch deal, should have made sure I was getting a 6 speed. The cargo light is linked with the interior cabin lights- not separately. The performance would be just right for a childs first car, had to get a chip and cold air induction for it to keep up with cars with 4cly motors.The heated seats are only heated in the middle not sides.Wish I kept my old 2000 model ls and done some repairs, it was a superior vehicle,rode smooth and performance was acceptable.

Really Enjoy It
By Mad Bavarian on 02/11/10 00:04 AM (PST)

Rides like a dream. On a recent long trip got 21-22 mpg. Great in rain and especially snow. Good sound system. Winds out well - sounds good. No complaints after 3600 miles. Would like to have the LTZ but with ext cab and long bed it was a lucky find. Great for toys, am looking forward to towing boat. Love the XM and Onstar.

Buy a Ford
By Dowman on 02/09/10 05:01 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With 3200 miles on this truck, the doors rattle so bad I need ear plugs. Dealership has no fix for this problem. Fuel gauge sensor broke, two chrome door handles had to be replaced. and the fuel management system is a joke, noise in the drive train after normal braking. No more GM products for me, very disappointed with the quality of this vehicle.

Nice Truck--Price Was Right!
By Bob on 02/03/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck at the very end of the model year; and I must say the price was right! I traded a 99 Dodge Dakota, which served me extremely well, but was getting long in the tooth. I've put 3K miles on my Silverado so far and am completely satisfied with the handling, power and quality. I must say, I don't care for the weird lint problem on the seat! Otherwise very satisfied. The size and body style does take a little getting used to in getting around town, backing up and parking in tight spaces. My wife's 03 Sequioa is easier to park!

They are hiding problems
By Bill Ricigliano on 01/25/10 23:12 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is okay but when it comes to giving it gas to fast there is a 7/10 second delay. Chevy knows about it but doing nothing about it. Do not buy a chevy right now due to this problem wait for the fix.

2009 Silverado 5.3
By Robert on 01/13/10 10:49 AM (PST)

Ive owned Chevy trucks all my life and this one is average. Rattles in the doors and dash. Vibrations in the drive train. Fuel management is BS. Don't put exhaust on one it will drive you crazy with the cylinders kicking in and out all the time. Fuel mileage is important to me but power when towing is more. I tow a 23 ft. boat and it strains a lot. I haven't towed my car and trailer yet, a little scared too. I live in Florida and there are no hills. I wish I would have up dated to the 6.0 litre. Now that I own it no good trade in value. The other main complaint is the drive shaft clunk when you stop and start, you would think this on going problem would be resolved by now. Same o Same o.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended-cab in NJ is:

$219 per month*