2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy LIES about quality improvements!
By Chevy JUNK!!!!!!!!!! on 05/28/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

It was fresh off the dealer floor on 7/3/09. Has been my secondary vehicle for a year now. I just hit 5,100 miles and all the lifters now need to be replaced. The service tech states that the oiling system oils too much so it blows by the lifters blows out tons of white smoke out of the exhaust constantly. To make matters even more disappointing is the lack of a quality and robust 6 speed transmission, it has no clue how to pick a gear to stay in it. While driving if you make it downshift it will downshift and bring the engine to "Redline" or 6,000 rpm and stay there even if you take your foot off the gas pedal for at least 5 seconds.

Good Truck with issues
By Who Dat on 02/26/10 06:16 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has 4000 miles on it and I have had some minor problems so far. One chrome door handle broke off, the fuel cell indicator failed, and the dealer had to install noise reduction tape on all four doors. Besides the inconvenience of going back for repairs it has been a good truck. I hope the long term reliability is good, may have to get an extended warranty. We have six 09 Silverados at my work site, all have had some type of problems. Not sure if I would purchase another GM product at this time. The cloth seats are a lint nightmare to clean.

Good Truck
By Doc M on 01/30/10 20:51 PM (PST)

This is my third Chevy truck after an '82 and an '89. Very competent trucks, and I hope this one proves as reliable as my '89 and my brother's '01.

Good Truck
By Bob on 01/15/10 16:15 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Took this truck from the dealer and went on a vacation to Tennessee. Put 2300 miles on it with no issues. Average fuel economy was 18.5, which is not to bad for this size vehicle with the 5.3

Dissappointed
By Dissapointed on 01/11/10 18:30 PM (PST)

Wanted to buy "American",Traded a Ridgeline(mistake),I noticed the quality difference right away, if I could have taken it back a week later I would have,they(GM)offer you $500 to wave the 60 day return option(now I know why).The Bluetooth works sometimes (AT BEST), the new 6 speed transmission is "Jerky" and shifts noticeably more than it should, at 9700 miles the brakes squeak,the speakers vibrate,the cloth seats are extremely cheap material. I had 36000 on the Ridgeline when I traded and it was a much tighter vehicle. I will either go back to a Ridgeline or other Manufacturer soon. Very disappointed in the Silverado. LT2 ZR1 CREW CAB

Tough Truck
By BowTie4Life on 11/22/09 21:29 PM (PST)

I recently purchased my new '09 LTZ 4WD because I wanted a new truck and Chevy had excellent incentives. I fell in love with the Silverado; It is one beautiful and tough vehicle. Test drove the new F-150, was nice but WAY under-powered and over-priced. The 5.3 Vortec w/6-speed auto is an amazing powertrain. My Silverado has the Automatic 4x4 with the factory 20" rims & Z60 handling suspension package, not the Z71 package. Got the white exterior w/Ebony leather interior. The truck handles and drives remarkably well, but it is not made for off road use like the Z71. Drove the Tundra, very disappointe, doesn't compare to the Silverado. I recommend this truck, so far no issues.

Silverado cloth interior stinks
By ms on 10/30/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Having 19 pickups since 1989 as a sales rep on the road, my new 2009 silverado with cloth stinks< I am in and out a lot, one hour out and one hour in the cold north plains states. I've had leather, cloth heated seats and tons of miles in both. This new 09 cloth is terrible for stains, lint. You must use a lint roller every week to keep it even half presentable. 3300 miles on this one look worse than my last Chevy with 170,000 miles! 6 chevys in the family and this will be my last if they don't admit they have a problem, which they have but only come up with a self admitted $2400 cloth replacement kit that will do the same thing.

Good truck
By Chris G on 10/29/09 11:27 AM (PDT)

Upgraded from an 08 2LT Silverado into this 09 LTZ and love it! My truck currently has 9,000 miles and have had no problems whatsoever. The only thing i am a little mad about is this truck rattles alot when going over bumps which my 08 didn't. Maybe it was built on a friday?

Just Got it..
By Joe on 09/28/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

Just bought my 2009 Silverado and I have enjoyed it a lot so far. I had a Sierra previous to this truck and this truck is very quiet compared to my old one and this one even rides smoother. I am happy with the truck and hope it is as reliable as my old GM product.

Z71, 6 Speed Auto, Cheap(er)
By zjones on 09/02/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

Way better than my 2007 Classic 5.3 Silverado was. Smoother faster stronger more options better gas mileage. AFM works just fine. The 6 speed automatic is about 8 years late but now that it's here it was worth the wait. It's a much better unit than the old 4 speed. Frame much stronger, bed is mounted right up next to the cab now and when you jam your 4 wheeler in there it won't bend the top of the bed anymore. It drives WAY better than the old ones...I had to zig zag at 70 mph to miss a stupid deer and the rollover and brake system work well. The new dual zone climate control actually works now too. 13000 miles in 3 months because I love to drive it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$144 per month*