2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Built on a Friday
By texas_crowbar on 04/10/12 09:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I own a 2009 Silverado with a 4.8... Dont get me wrong I love this truck, BUT!!!! 34000 miles had to replace rear brake cylinders 50000 miles had to replace water pump 55000 miles electrical issues, might have to get a complete new fuse box BTW none of these are covered under any warranty's.

First Lemon in 8 Chevys
By Dan on 05/07/10 07:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 10/09. On 10/30 had it in for brakes and belts squealing, 1/12/2010 had it in for the lights dimming while driving (was told the alternator was charging), 2/8 Chevy bow tie decal was replaced because paint peeled off, 4/7 had bow tie replaced again due to peeling, 4/20 right rear shock blew out and had it replaced, 4/26 the fuel tank pressure sensor went out and had to be replaced, 4/27 took to body shop at 8am to get body rubbed out due to the "orange peel" finish all over the truck, 5/5 had to take back again for "orange peel" they missed several spots on the first attempt and left the tailgate covered in swirl marks from the buffer. Had it in twice for On Star misreading.

Outstanding
By Chevy on 05/06/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

Wow. I only got a 2 WD 4.3 V6 but still haven't got stuck been through fields after a week of rain with no problem. Pulled people out of ditches. drives in the snow in ice like not other truck i ever own. out does dodges and fords V-8 with out any problem. Never owned anything but a Chevy. Already got two people who own new dodges to trade it in for a new Chevy.

2009 2door WT long box with 4.3
By thatguy on 10/11/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have my own business and to be honest looking at all the other trucks i would buy the same truck again. No matter what i do to it it keeps on going, whether its in a farmers field or hauling a trailer. No matter what it is it will do it with ease and comfort and that is what a work truck should be. I have a 2009 F250 and a 2008 dodge 2500 and even with the 4.3L I still take it over my 6.0L powerstroke diesel and 6.7L cummins because it is just so nice to drive no matter what is in the back or what you are pulling. That i what a work truck should do.

Great truck
By richdaddy on 07/07/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

Bought the truck in April, I love it, good power from a v6, comfy interior, looks good. The only thing I didn't like is days after I bought it was in the shop for a loose gas cap. The engine light came on cuz of it. Dealer was very fast in getting the truck back and I have not had any problem since, I would recommend this truck to anyone

Wow, excellent truck.
By popoffvalve on 05/22/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is simply the best truck I have owned. It not only performs the work functions I need of it, but it is more comfortable and rides better than I expected. This from a base extended cab WT. I can only imagine that the higher you go in terms of options, the better it would be. I highly recommend the '09 Silverado.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular-cab in WA is:

$144 per month*