Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 XFE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2009 Chevy Lemon
By pavehwk

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new with 500 miles on it. Now I have 19500 miles on the truck and I am having the engine pulled out due to a bad design. I went in for some minor body work (2nd bow tie) and the check engine light came on. The oil pressure was all over the board. I had 1000 miles before it need it next oil change. So while i was in there i had them do a oild change. I was told that there was a 1 1/2 quarts of oil left in the block. I was then told that they need to put a baffel in the bottom of the pan. This was after taking the truck in 4 times to do an oil consuption check (it failed). I had to wait to get fixed due to having 5 other trucks getting the samething done.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

There was no recall on this only a service bulletin. I had no idea this was going on, they should let the customer know what kind of bulletines there are for the vehicale that they purchased. They can take the truck back as far as I am conserned. I could see if this truck had 100,000+ miles but 19500 come on man.

Don't buy one
By aggieof10

Within a month of buying this truck, all of the power locks went out. Chevy replaced them for free since it was under warranty. Then my rear power window stopped working, transmission is spotty, cant decide when to shift, tpms comes on at random times telling me my tires are flat (they arent). Put groceries in the back seat one day, and the pocket on the back of drivers seat ripped out. Turns out, they aren't sewn in at the factory, someone is there with a staple gun putting them on. Wind caught the door last week, and pulled the hinges away from the body, now the door grinds on the body work every time I open it. I am absolutely furious with this truck. Chevy used to mean something.

Suggested Improvements

Buy a Ford