Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Chevy Silvrado 1500 WT great value!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab WT with 4.8 V* for under $20K. I don't think there is a similar value anywhere currently. Truck handles like a dream. WT trim is surprisingly nice. Decent stereo, satellite radio and onstar are great additions. Interior is simple and nicely designed. High quality for a work truck. I average 18.5 MPG which is amazing to me given the size and capability of this truck. I tow a race car and this truck is more than capable to tow my 4000 lb rig over mountain passes. Sale price of $19988 made this a no brainer for me.

Great Chevy V8 powerplant makes me grin when I hit the gss peddle hard. But over all its the whole package and value.

Include fuel management system on 4.8 liter motor. While mileage is good it seems to me that a 4.8 with fuel management would return even better mileage than the larger displacement motors equipped with this feature.

• Sedan