2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Issue after issue

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LTZ Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

Issue after issue
By waschevguy on

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have to many issues. @ 40,000 miles went through a set of lower ball joints, 45,000 ran out of oil, 55,000 lost a bearing in the font end. GM made me pay $100 for the ball joints. GM replaced deflector plate to prevent from running oil, GM replaced the bearing. I have stock wheel and tires nothing special. Now have 80'000 and going through oil again, the passenger window does not go down. The dealer put on a oil consumption plan and last time over 900 miles it went through 2 quarts. I'm thinking about calling GM, does any one have any suggestions or ideas. My truck is almost paid off and I don't really want to start over.

Favorite Features

I really think the truck is very comfortable and enjoy driving it. But with the issues I'm not happy. I have owned several GM's in my life and always been a Chevy guy, but that has changed. Maybe need to look @ forgein truck or maybe a dodge. My wife had a arcadia and it was the same year as my truck and had tons of issues with that also. I hope GM can make this right, hope I can get some feedback on what to do.