2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Not exactly what I expected it

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Not exactly what I expected it to be.
By onesix on

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck slightly used in the summer of '09 with 22K on the dash. I have 86K now. Last summer at 65K my transmission went out on me. And my only indicator was that at highway speeds the RPM's would jump up about 1500 and back down speratically for about a week before it locked up on me on the service road of a busy freeway. Had to drive it in reverse half a mile to a gas station to park it. Also, there have been electrical issues with the drivers side lock not locking when I press the remote and window switches not working. Oh, and I'm on my 2nd battery already. Can't figure that one out. Stabilitrak disengages at times. Looking to get out of it already.

Ride comfort is tremendous...maybe the smoothest riding truck on the road. Electrical issues in the first 2 years of driving the vehicle.

Better equipment, and better gas mileage. Yes, I know it's a truck, but I still expect more. I'm filing up the tank about once every 2-3 days it seems.
By bjornhund
on 11/15/14 15:39 PM (PST)

Went through that and worse. My door locks started going up and down and my gauges would drop completely off. Had to have all of the battery cables replaced because they were shorting out internally. Have read where others have had the same experience. The problem has stopped since I had the cables changed.