2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: None better for the money

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

None better for the money
By jpr2 on

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 6th truck, and it is by far the best. Plenty of power for a 6 cyl and the mileage is fair too. I avg. 18+ in town, and get a bit over 20 on the hwy (3.23 gears). I wish the highway was better, but just put a Leer canopy (Legend-100) on and hope the highway mpg improves. The canopy increased the wind noise, which is unusual. The truck had been the quietest I have driven. The steering is absolutely the best, and the tranny shifts smoothly when warmed up. The suspension is like no other, and does not skip around "bumpy" turns, but hugs the road. OnStar and XM radio are great, although the rear speakers are weak at best. My box seems to fit fine, although slanted up.

Looks great with matching canopy. May I recommend Bedrug for back ($200) if using for camping. Chevy makes a great truck.

Better hwy mpg, but it is getting as rated. Better rear speakers....but hey, got it for less than most strippo compact pickups. Darn, for $500 more I coulda bought a Kia Rio!