2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: New, Fun Silverado

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

New, Fun Silverado
By Ric Gleason on

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far, so good. No issues what-so-ever. The mileage is not great, but it is a truck so I'm not upset at all. The 5.3 is plenty for my applications, but I do think a 6 speed tranny would be better. The Crew Cab layout is great. I narrowed my selection to the Silverado and the Tundra. After driving both, I chose the Silverado. No regrets at all. Overall it's a very nice truck.

The OnStar is pretty neat. The XM radio is OK, but I probably won't continue with it. The steering / handling are great. The ride quality is also very good. I tend to keep vehicles awhile. My previous was a 1996 Extended cab Silverado. This is certainly a vast improvement. Good job GM.

I don't particularly like the huge spaces in the wheel wells. I may lower this a couple of inches. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to locate plastic wheel well inserts. How about making them standard issue?! The stock tires are OK but I'll probably upgrade to the Michelins. Front bumper design weird.