I have the 6.0 MAX LS and love it!
By opus on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I've only had the 6.0 for a bit over a month and love it! Got the 6.0 trailering package to tow for Moab, but fell in love with the power and comfort! The LT doesn't have the leather and heated seats, washers, etc., of the LTZ, but with a remote start, who really needs that? And for 8 grand more than I paid, I sure don't! Ride is great for a truck, better than most cars! Interior is far superior to Ford or Toyota - which I considered as well. Gas mileage is not that great. I've been averaging around 12-14 for the past month, but my foot is a bit heavy with this new toy! And I don't do much freeway driving yet. Overall, A great vehicle for 15000 under invoice.
Favorite Features
XM, 6.0 MAX, heavy duty axle, fast, fun, comfortable, fast, handles great in snow with the part-time four wheel drive, towing capabilities, ergonomics, storage, tire pressure sensors, OnStar.
Suggested Improvements
EZ-lift tailgate and locking standard on all 1500's. Make rear seat in crew cab fold up from the bottom (like it does now) and then fold down flat for a raised platform to store/carry stuff.