Great Truck so far
By Pat Patterson on
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I traded in my 2005 GMC 2WD Crew which was a great truck. Couldn't resist the rebates and incentives GM was giving on the 08's besides I'd been wanting a 4WD. So far a real nice truck. I've read where the new truck is worlds better than the old but I can't tell it. Both are great handling, comfortable and well built. I wasn't sold on the looks of the 2008 model but its growing on me, especially in Ruby red. The interior is very nice and comfortable and it also has the dual climate zones which we loved in the old truck. The XM radio feature is a nice change and I like knowing OnStar is there for emergencies. My insurance premium went down also.
Favorite Features
Color combination (Ruby red exterior/ebony leather interior). OnStar, XM radio, built in phone. Dual climate zones and 4WD. Thanks to the dealer for the spray in bedliner option also.
Suggested Improvements
Factory running boards standard (not just an option). A better sounding radio too. Is it possible to get aftermarket sound from a factory system? I want my door panels and dash to be left alone thank you.